How to sort active listings by shipping cost on Ebay.ca?

arteis
Community Member

Most of the information you can pick when you customize the active selling view doesn't show.

My goal is to sort my listing by the cost but the shipping cost only shows under the item cost and to make it worst I can only sort the active selling by "lowest price" or "highest price" excluding the shipping cost!

Thanks,

Keven Noel

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I'm not sure it makes sense to sort by shipping cost since shipping cost is determined by the location to which it is being shipped. Ebay establishing a sortation method by cost for a seller to ship to oneself doesn't make much sense to me. Can you explain the reason you want to sort this way? Perhaps there is another way to achieve the same sort result with a different search, one that is presently available. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

And this view is not adequate: price plus shipping? Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 9.55.32 PM.png

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Keep in mind that some sellers include their costs for postage and packaging in the asking price of the item.

This is called Free Shipping.

And some will add those costs as a separate line item, especially if distance is a factor which it is for most domestic parcel services.

Also some sellers, for one reason or another, get discounts on their postage costs which may or may not be passed on.

If you want to know how much the item will cost you, use Highest/Lowest Price plus Shipping.

Also.

Items valued at $20Cdn (~$16USD) are subject to assessment for duty and sales taxes. Both are percentages of selling price which is a further complication with auctions, where the buyer cannot know the final price.

Be careful with items that are shipped from the UK or the US with the Global Shipping Program. The actual price at the bottom of your bill will include import fees made up of Canadian sales taxes, Canadian duty, and a small service fee.

The same taxes and duty plus a larger service fee may be charged on your doorstep by Canada Post or by the courier.

And if the courier is FedEx, you may get their bill a week or so later, because they are *bleep*y like that. 

If you are confused, come back with specific questions, and we will get really obscure!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you are talking about a search of listings on eBay,  a potential buyer can sort as

HIghest price first, lowest price first,  

and then add in the shipping cost...

Price plus shipping highest cost... and then ... Price plus shipping cost lowest cost

This is how potential buyer compare listings.... However, with this that potential buyer will then look at quality, specifically the description,  and the seller's record in relation to feedback  and then how long have they been selling on eBay.

Minimal description and poor photos will kill a sale, no matter what the price..

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I just noticed you seem to be talking about your own listings as a seller.

Sorry.

But I also wonder why if you are using Flat Rate Shipping anyway, if you have considered using Free Shipping for your parcel service items?

Free Shipping just means adding the shipping into the asking price.

Which is cheaper --a $210 item with $15 shipping?

Or a $225 item with Free Shipping?

You can do US shipping "free" by making the shipping cost $0.00. (Never do Free Shipping overseas though.)

This would also solve the problem of putting your items in order by shipping price.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply