I(Seller) was treated unfairly in eBay.au

vveiii
Community Member

I sell my second-hand staffs in eBay. However, eBay treated seller so unfair.

I sold a second-hand shoes to a buyer, the buyer insists to abuse my shoes. (I know, it not suitable to use abuse in here. I like my shoes, but everything she said just aims to kill/destroy my shoes).

The reason for her to do so is to ask the return.

The most increditable thing is she even ask me return it including postage. 

After the negotiation, this issues was moved to customer service to settle. 

Now, eBay charged me full refund to her and does not return me the shoes. I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME.

Also, when the buyer charged the item I sold to her have some damage, I asked her to provide me some pictures as support her claim. However, she refused to reply me and refused to provide pictures.

Because if the item is worn by her, I do not think it can be resell or relist even the item I sell is second-hand.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I know that it is frustrating when things like that happen. It sounds like are not very familiar with how the ebay Money Back Guarantee works. If you click on the banner at the bottom of the page, it will give you more info on how it works. 

It can be fairly complicated but basically, if you have accept returns and a buyer wants to return an item for ANY reason, you have to take it back.  If the reason for returning is that the item was not as described, then the seller is responsible for return shipping OR they can refund and not require a return. If the reason for return was that the item didn't fit, or they just don't need it any more, then the buyer has to pay for return shipping. 

If the seller has no returns stated in their listing some buyers may say that the item is not as described just so that they can return the item. Once they say that the item is not as described, the seller has to either accept the return and pay for return shipping or refund without asking the buyer to return the item.  If you refused the return and then the buyer asked ebay to step in, ebay assumes that you don't want the item back so if they rule in favour of the buyer, you have to refund them and let them keep the item.

So in many cases it is best to accept the return and pay for return shipping or refund without returning. Once ebay steps in and makes a decision you get an unresolved strike on your account. You are only allowed a few of these.

It is possible to fight some of these cases but in many cases, it just isn't worth it as ebay does tend to agree with the buyer in a not as described case because it is often a he said/she said scenario.

EDIT - Obviously I didn't read your title very well as I didn't notice that you were in Australia when I wrote my post. But it does look as if Australia has a similar money back guarantee as we have in Canada and the U.S. so my comments are probably still valid.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Since English is not your first language, here is an important point.

No returns is not the same thing as no refunds.

Only post NO RETURNS if you do not want the item returned.

If you take Paypal, you make refunds.

If the buyer wants  a refund, say that you will refund when you receive the returned item.

If the buyer does not return the item, you will not be required to refund.

If you refuse to refund under any circumstances, Paypal will refund the buyer and come after you for their money. As noted, there will be other problems for you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Since English is not your first language, here is an important point.

No returns is not the same thing as no refunds.

Only post NO RETURNS if you do not want the item returned.

If you take Paypal, you make refunds.

If the buyer wants  a refund, say that you will refund when you receive the returned item.

If the buyer does not return the item, you will not be required to refund.

If you refuse to refund under any circumstances, Paypal will refund the buyer and come after you for their money. As noted, there will be other problems for you.

Stamps! That is excellent.

I do not accept returns, yet, give full refunds, because I do not want the event of "there will be other problems for you".

Photobucket
Message 4 of 4
latest reply