I am new seller. Buyer email me saying he paid for the item but i don't see it my account.

i am new seller. Buyer emailed me saying he paid for the item. On my listing it still says "payment awaiting"

I got an email for paypal saying payment is received and from eBay too.

I am trying to call eBay but haven't received the call yet.

Is it okay to ship the item to buyer??

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I am new seller. Buyer email me saying he paid for the item but i don't see it my account.

@harr_kaile wrote:

i am new seller. Buyer emailed me saying he paid for the item. On my listing it still says "payment awaiting"

I got an email for paypal saying payment is received and from eBay too.

I am trying to call eBay but haven't received the call yet.

Is it okay to ship the item to buyer??

look in your paypal account first of all,and if pay pal says ship then you ship,dont wait to long or ebay may not like you if you take more than a day or so depending on what you said as shipping,like one day two days ect.dont waste time calling ebay or contacting paypal just ship your item,hope it hasnt been a week or so,the customer may not like you and leave bad fb for shipping delay

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you sold the item on this account then I am confused as your account doesn't show you selling anything in the last 90 days.

Buyers rarely e-mail sellers to tell them they've paid, as those notifications are all automated. If this was for the stiletto listing you had up you may have a buyer trying to mess with you. Not uncommon for a low-feedback account attempting to sell $1,000 items. A common scam tactic is for "buyers" to send fake emails to you, impersonating eBay/PayPal, and making you think you got paid, in hopes that you ship out the item.

As aubreyclay56 said, check your PayPal account. If you have received the funds there then you are free to complete the transaction. Do not click on any links in the e-mail they sent you - manually type www.paypal.com in your browser and log in from there.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm on the same page.

It sounds like an attempted scam.

Was that an email to your personal address? Or did you find it in your eBay Messages?

Only trust Paypal.

If they say the money is paid, and cleared, you can ship.

And when I say that, I mean look at your Paypal account, not some random email.

Note that PP does hold payments for 21 days against your good customer service.

During this time, you can purchase PP shipping labels, usually at a discount (between 5% and 18%) off PO counter prices.

BUY SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION.

Do NOT ship if the money is not in your Paypal account.

Come back and let us know how it goes.

We have your back.

And those sandals are showing as unsold.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Wait until you receive the payment in your PayPal first before you ship the item.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply