Input Requested from Chitchat Users for some Questions.

byto253
Community Member

Chitchat recently opened in Ottawa and I would greatly appreciate input from current Chitchat users.

For Canada to US shipments via USPS:

- Can you use calculated shipping for Canada on either .ca or .com?

- Do you indicate your location as from the US as the shipping is USPS and the return address is US?  Or do you use the physical location of the item?

International shipments with Asendia:

- Can you upload the tracking number, and for which carrier?   
- If uploaded to eBay, does it link correctly for the buyer?
- If the tracking number is sent to a buyer through eBay messaging but not uploaded, am I covered in the case of an INR?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay.CA does not provide calculated shipping for USPS.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You can't use calculated shipping, but I used to create flat rates by using the rough weight of items and pad it a bit to allow for insurance and fees.

If I recall I had 0-13 oz, 1-4lb and then anything over that was large parcel.

One thing to note is don't limit yourself to a specific delivery company as in USPS. I always used the generic shipping options, and in the listing I said depending on location and parcel, it could be USPS or UPS, as sometimes UPS can be cheaper, so always check UPS rates too (it should list all options). When you are inputting the measurements, also toggle between parcel and pouch or whatever they call it. Sometimes when I have those Amazon style bags it's cheaper to use the non parcel options and I get better rates, and sometimes it's cheaper to send it as a parcel. I don't know what the end result is in the backend but it can make a difference.

As for location, I always used the return address that Chit Chats gave me. Because that's where the item will be inducted. Just make sure to adjust your handling time to allow extra time for Chit Chats to do their stuff.

As far as Ascendia, they have changed a bit since I've used it, but I did have a customer in Japan that I simply sent him the public facing tracking link so he could see the progress of the shipment and he was super happy. But that's an isolated incident.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply