International Visibility ?

9 REPLIES 9

Pierre, ya lost me on that one. Do we not have international visibility when we put in shipping costs for every destination country?

Photobucket
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I gave up on paying for that little check box very quickly and it didn't seem to hurt my international visibility at all. In fact my international sales have shown a nice increase lately, especially to the UK and Australia. I had three UK sales yesterday alone, and last week I had sales to Australia for five days in a row. I've already given up on trying to figure out the whys of eBay. I just go with the flow...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I do not think the international visibility has changed.  The change may have to do with the optional (extra fee) international visibility option.

When I check a specific item on eBay.-australia this morning I see my listings (free shipping) while my American competitor is also seen but the search result page wrongly shows "postage not specified".  Postage is clearly and correctly shown in his listing.

Going to eBay-Uk - unfortunately my competitor's listings are shown right on top of the page while mine found their way at the very bottom under the heading "items found from eBay international sellers"

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Just got a bid from Italy and it is NOT a destination country on my list. Seems to me what I had wanted to be invisible is not! The visibility factor is above and beyond...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Is it possible this is another bizarre eBay glitch, or perhaps even a fraudulent email and actually has no connection with actual site visibility issues? 

You may recall such a message reported by a seller earlier this week on these boards: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/What-the/m-p/242800#U242800 .  I see one of the posters on that discussion mentions it was also brought up on the .com discussion boards. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I also noticed similar issues with my listings. On most items I offer Free Shipping in Canada, and charge a $2.00 flat rate to the United States. When perusing my listings on .ca, they all show up fine with Free Shipping advertised. When I peruse the same listings on .com (with my location set to US) they say "Shipping not Specified" even though it is - if you click through to the listing it clearly says there is a $2.00 shipping charge. To further complicate things, If the listings are then sorted by "lowest price + shipping", it correctly places my listing in order as if the $2.00 shipping cost has been added on - so whatever's going on is deliberately preventing that $2.00 from showing up in the search results. 

This really is a major issue that was brought up a number of days ago on another thread. No one seems to be addressing it though.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I don't think that there is any change with the optional UK visibility fee...I still think that it is some sort of glitch on ebay's  side.

Last week when I was looking at some other ebay sites, I noticed too that on those sites, listings done on .com often seemed to get preferred visibility as compared to listings that had been done on .ca. I thought at first that it was related to the gsp program but many of the .com listings showing in the regular search area did not use the gsp.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I've had the same problem as dinomitesales for a long time. I thought about calling ebay, because "Shipping not specified" makes many potential buyers ignore your listings.

I also received this email about losing site visibility. It specified one particular listing. I checked the listing and didn't notice anything different about it that'd make selling it internationally a problem. Again, thought about calling ebay to find out, but you know what a waste of time that is.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

eBay Is Not Retiring the International Site Visibility Feature

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2014/6/1402967102.html

Message 10 of 10
latest reply