International seller, need your help guys!

sania25
Community Member

Hello everyone, I just sold my first item on Ebay.com as a seller from Pakistan and now I have to ship the item. I just have no idea how to go about things.. when I go to my profile to BUY the label this is the message I am seeing:

''Your ship from address must be in the United States to purchase a label. Edit ship from address''

Why do I have to buy a label?? I can see a print label option, if I print the label and send the itemis that not ok with Ebay? how will I know that Ebay realizes that i have indeed shipped the item? Will the buyer give confirmation?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You dont "have" to buy the label.  You can put the buyers address on the package and bring it to a post office or shipper to get it sent.  Ask for tracking and they'll give you a number to upload to eBay. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@sania25 wrote:

Hello everyone, I just sold my first item on Ebay.com as a seller from Pakistan and now I have to ship the item. I just have no idea how to go about things.. when I go to my profile to BUY the label this is the message I am seeing:

''Your ship from address must be in the United States to purchase a label. Edit ship from address''

Why do I have to buy a label?? I can see a print label option, if I print the label and send the itemis that not ok with Ebay? how will I know that Ebay realizes that i have indeed shipped the item? Will the buyer give confirmation?

@sania25 

Please note. This is Canadian Seller and Buyers board. You might be better off getting information from your local or the nearest regional site. Any suggestions you receive would be more applicable.

https://galaxy.maropost.com/s/article/list-on-international-ebay-sites

-Lotz

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@sania25 wrote:

The shipping system on eBay.com is designed for sellers who are shipping FROM the USA. You need to arrange shipping locally in Pakistan using Pakistan Post or maybe a private carrier like DHL.

After you have shipped you need to add the tracking number manually to the order, in your Sold section use the dropdown on the left, there will be an option to add tracking (or "mark as shipped"), once you have done that eBay will notify the buyer that it has been shipped and will provide them with the tracking information.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You are in Pakistan.  Pack up your item and go to your local post office.  Mail it with tracking.

Here is the link to Pakistan Post for you to check rates.

https://www.pakpost.gov.pk/

Good grief!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Shipping is the hardest part of selling online.

You need to bookmark that link to PakPost.

Never ship Surface- it takes too long and your customer will get a Late Delivery refund.

Use tracked services until you are comfortable with  the system. Postal services are very reliable,so this is mostly for your mental comfort.

Because you are in Pakistan, you will not be able to use Calculated Shipping.

You must use Flat Rate. Add a little to the actual cost from PakPost to allow for packaging.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply