Is your .CA seller dashboard in USD$ too?

With all of this hoopla about converting Canadian listings to CAD$, i wonder if Ebay will follow suit and change the currency in the Seller Dashboard to CAD$. I mean, whats good for the goose is good for the gander right? Fair is fair.

Quite frankly, im confused. I dont know if i sold $1000 worth of stuff in the last year or if i sold $779.96. It says USD$, but that doesnt make sense since i live in Canada eh? Maybe its a typo.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

i read it on the internet so it must be true.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It would depend on which currency you chose to be billed in when you opened the account.

If you were mostly selling in USD, you may well have chosen to be billed in USD as well.

I believe you can switch that.

However, since your items are mostly being shipped with Free Shipping and (like mine) could go by LetterPost/Light Packet, there is a lot to be said for moving them all over to dotCOM  and putting up with being unable to use Calculated Shipping for those shipments that require Parcel rates or tracking.

I've been doing this at about 15-20 a day because the Migration Tool is a pile of pig manure. Very boring.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

yes the dashboard is in US$.  Wouldn't hold my breath for anything to be .ca specific 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I also find it highly irritating the Dashboard value is judged in USD. I haven't sold or listed a single item in USD since 2013. I asked about it at Board Hour once, maybe we can push again to have it reflected in CAD. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply