Item from seller doesn't show but are listed

Hello, here's a good one ...

One of my favorite seller and friend with who I buy from alot, has listed many items like as always.

He list item on Ebay.com with shipping description for both USA and Canada.

I saw a sudden publicity from ebay, as I log on my seller Account this evening,  about one of his item.. (didn't know it was from him) since it's been more than 2 months I didn't see any items listed from him.. but He has been posting this 2 last months, has we contacted each other this evening. He gave me an item number from his items list .. I did a search of both Ebay.ca and Ebay.com it's not showing up.  When I take a look at what he has on listing right now only 1 item is showing up ..

For sure he didn't put me on a blocked liste buyer, I don't have any negative feedbacks, I don't have any bad cases at all.. 100% feedbacks clear of any troubles..

item number he sent me : 222489572972 ( Lego 4204 )

Can anyone confirm that we can't see it ? nor by a search for lego 4204.

There's someting going on  cause I can only see this item :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1980s-WanDa-Pocket-Toy-Sharp-Shooter-Sega-Pocket-Power-sealed-/36191...

and If I click see other item from this seller.. nothing there ..

Please tell me it's doing the same for you guys ?  or Any infos why is this happening ! 

My friend and Seller phil18090 have sold for quite a while, he knows how to put his items the way Ebay want us to publish them .So the problem shouldn't be him!.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For some reason your seller's items are only visible to those who give a US location.

When I gave a US location (90210), I saw his listing, but the shipping tab only gave me:

Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP Code.

Which is odd because he is apparently in Quebec City.

It is possible that he is just not choosing a shipping cost for Canada. Since he is selling bulky items that require parcel rates, this may be his choice.

Shipping from QC to me in BC would be quite a different price than shipping to Montreal or even St Johns.

If he is really using USPS shipping (and many Canadian sellers do) he may not want to give a Flat Rate for parcels. (He can't give Canada Post rates when he posts to dotCOM.)

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

You can fool around with dimensions, weights and destinations to see his problem.

You can of course see his listings if you Search for him by his selling name.

You may have to enter a US zipcode to see the listings. (I use 90210).

And then you'd have to ask him for a shipping quote.

BTW-- When I looked at the item you can find, he doesn't have shipping specified for US delivery.

So your seller should be advised to take a close look at all his listings.

He may be losing customers because they are not finding him.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

For some reason your seller's items are only visible to those who give a US location.

When I gave a US location (90210), I saw his listing, but the shipping tab only gave me:

Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP Code.

Which is odd because he is apparently in Quebec City.

It is possible that he is just not choosing a shipping cost for Canada. Since he is selling bulky items that require parcel rates, this may be his choice.

Shipping from QC to me in BC would be quite a different price than shipping to Montreal or even St Johns.

If he is really using USPS shipping (and many Canadian sellers do) he may not want to give a Flat Rate for parcels. (He can't give Canada Post rates when he posts to dotCOM.)

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

You can fool around with dimensions, weights and destinations to see his problem.

You can of course see his listings if you Search for him by his selling name.

You may have to enter a US zipcode to see the listings. (I use 90210).

And then you'd have to ask him for a shipping quote.

BTW-- When I looked at the item you can find, he doesn't have shipping specified for US delivery.

So your seller should be advised to take a close look at all his listings.

He may be losing customers because they are not finding him.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

This is a common issue for any Canadian sellers that have moved to .com due to the USD $ listing issue and ship parcel sized items. No access to the Canada Post shipping api, there so unless you implement a flat rate shipping option (useless given our regional pricing model with Canada Post ) your items get blocked from search as well as on your store page in the case the buyers location/postal code can't return a shipping cost. You have to decide which market (and currency) is ultimately more important.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply