Late delivery

Sold an item to be delivered in Israel, it took 30 days to be delivered, EBay hit me with late delivery , Item was shipped within 1 working day as per my store policy, I can’t control courier’s delivery time!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Late delivery

This is called a defect. Defects can be removed when they are out of your control. 

You can contact eBay and petition for them to remove it. They may or may not remove it depending on the context, but it is still worth a try. 

Go to this link and scroll to the bottom where it says 'Contact Us'. https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/appeal-defect?id=4871

On a side note, I wouldn't be too worried about late shipment defects if this was your only one. If you have a few hundred orders every quarter, and you only get one late shipping defect, it won't matter. You need a few of them before you are at risk for losing your Top Rated status. 

It is still a good idea to get defects removed when they qualify for removal. I am not entirely up to date on how eBay interprets delays from carriers for late shipment defects. Given that it only takes 5 minutes to contact them, it would be worth it to try and get it removed. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Late delivery

Technically it is not a "defect" but rather a "ding" to your metrics. Like you said,  a few of these are meaningless especially as most sellers are rated based on their US metrics.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Late delivery

Did the package have tracking?  If you get a package scanned by the post office within your handling time you won't get a ding no matter how late your item is.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Late delivery

You did use tracked and Air Mail shipping, though, right?

You are responsible to your customer for the sub-contractor you chose.

Your sub-constractor is responsible to  you, because you paid them.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Late delivery

byto253
Community Member

I would also check the delivery service option you are using for international listings.  30 days sounds to short and I would see if there is an option that provides a longer time frame - not sure if it exists though.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Late delivery

@johnnmuno_4 wrote:
Sold an item to be delivered in Israel, it took 30 days to be delivered, EBay hit me with late delivery , Item was shipped within 1 working day as per my store policy, I can’t control courier’s delivery time!

@johnnmuno_4 

Unfortunately, from an eBay standpoint (even for most buyers) they really don't take into consideration customs delays. All they see is it took longer than ebay said it would.  It was at 1 time more clearly noted on the listing page. Now, not so much. If you do choose to pursue getting the strike removed and can prove that was the main cause of the delay eBay "may" remove.  No guarantees. And it won't happen immediately. Always a bit of a lag getting these issues resolved. As for lates they can slowly pile up and too late if you don't address as they happen. So basically it never hurts to ask but no guarantees.

-Lotz

PS. If the item was sent Small Packet Air Intl the UR tracking number does show up with detailed results if you check the local postal service. It does not show up in eBay tracking or CP. For the UR numbers if you add to the tracking number field in eBay they do work for USA (Again, with CP/USPS they don't work.)

Message 7 of 7
latest reply