Listing clothing on Ebay will not accept size

jj_lyt
Community Member

I am trying to list items on the new ebay listing format. However when I go to fill out the size of the item the drop down menu has no options to select so I choose "Enter my own". I have tried Medium, Mens Medium, and 32 as a waist size and as soon as I hit "List it" I get the following error message:

"Looks like something is missing. Please fix any issues and try again."

Details

and then Size is highlighted in red and at the bottom in red it says:

"The item specific Bottoms Size is missing."

I called Ebayh and they said they were working on it but that was on tuesday.

Has anyone been able to work around this yet?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Can you list without the Item Specific?

If you can put the size in the Title and measurements in the Description.

Both work with Search.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'm having problems with relisting items that ended overnight and it would appear the problem is systemic to ebay and not your listing per se: someone somewhere has been tinkering with new Item Specifics and broke that whole section so now there appear to be fields included that are not relevant to the given category combined with areas that have correct pre-existing data that is not accepted due to some kind of programming error. 

At least, it is my theory that your problem and my problem are closely related.

tyler@ebay

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There also seems to be a disconnect between mobile and desktop sites. On the desktop site it would prevent me from completing a listing due to "required" field, but the mobile app would let me skip it.

Perhaps try doing a draft with the mobile app, filling in details  then finish in the desktop app. Might work.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply