Listings eligible to send offers

Good day fellow community members!  Hey, have any of you guys tried sending offers to potential buyers, and if so, did you have any success?  I am curious, but a little leery of intruding on somebody elses day with uninvited offers.  Thanks in advance for any input.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I will usually send offers once a week on any of my older listings. I have no evidence to back it up but i would say 1 in 4 converts to a sale roughly. In my opinion as a buyer I would 'watch' an item specifically to see if the seller will make an offer so i wouldn't be concerned about sending them.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I don't usually send offers as I don't have a lot of room to negotiate but I know that some sellers find that they do quite well when sending offers.  You should try it a few times and see what the result is.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

33nhl
Community Member

It helps but not many accept the offers.

But it also helps as buyers find me on my facebook after small chat communication and i sell alot off line from ebay, as buyers are aware that ebay takes 10% fees and many dont want to pay tax as now alot of states get tax collected by ebay from buyers making purchases on Ebay where it be new or used items  and i beleive next to do this will be Canadian provinces thus will send many canada buyers to forum groups such as many facebook groups and facebook market to buy stuff then on Ebay

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I do it every so often when I am about remove items from my store, but only to the items that have watchers.

I have enough success that I wouldn't stop doing it.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply