Local Pickup - what's next on my end?

I barely sell anything (I usually buy). In any event, someone picked up something I sold him, as I had the pickup option. But, what the bloody hell am I supposed to do now? It's been 3 weeks, and I would assume these options would disappear or something, as none of those options make any f-ing sense:

• Add tracking number
  • Mark as shipped
  • Leave feedback
  • View order details
  • View PayPal transaction
  • View purchased item
  • Contact buyer
  • Sell a similar item
  • Relist
  • Unmark as payment received
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@midevil.chaoswrote:

I barely sell anything (I usually buy). In any event, someone picked up something I sold him, as I had the pickup option. But, what the bloody hf-ingell am I supposed to do now? It's been 3 weeks, and I would assume these options would disappear or something, as none of those options make any sense:

• Add tracking number
  • Mark as shipped
  • Leave feedback
  • View order details
  • View purchased item
  • Contact buyer
  • Sell a similar item
  • Relist

If the buyer has picked the item up then you "Mark as shipped" -- since the item has left your hands.

It is a generic list of options, which you are free too ignore.

But I'm not sure what you find confusing about these choices:

• Leave feedback
  • View purchased item
  • Contact buyer
  • Sell a similar item
  • Relist

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@midevil.chaoswrote:

I barely sell anything (I usually buy). In any event, someone picked up something I sold him, as I had the pickup option. But, what the bloody hf-ingell am I supposed to do now? It's been 3 weeks, and I would assume these options would disappear or something, as none of those options make any sense:

• Add tracking number
  • Mark as shipped
  • Leave feedback
  • View order details
  • View purchased item
  • Contact buyer
  • Sell a similar item
  • Relist

If the buyer has picked the item up then you "Mark as shipped" -- since the item has left your hands.

It is a generic list of options, which you are free too ignore.

But I'm not sure what you find confusing about these choices:

• Leave feedback
  • View purchased item
  • Contact buyer
  • Sell a similar item
  • Relist

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Mark the item Paid by Cash in Person (as I’m assuming that is the case) and Shipped since there is no Buyer Picked Up option. Leave feedback that says, “It was a pleasure to meet you!” and hope your buyer does same.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

p.s. Your transaction won’t disappear for 60 days.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:
Mark the item Paid by Cash in Person (as I’m assuming that is the case) and Shipped since there is no Buyer Picked Up option. Leave feedback that says, “It was a pleasure to meet you!” and hope your buyer does same.

The item has already been marked as paid thus the choice for "unmark as paid".

In any event there is no way to specify how it was paid.

The OP can mark as shipped or not, it really makes no difference.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

“In any event there is no way to specify how it was paid.”

There is within the Sales Record. By memory: Cash in Person and Cash on Pickup are but two of the choices on that drop-down menu.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Technically-speaking, the drop-down menu to which I am referring can be found on two locations: Sold/Awaiting Payment in Selling Manager and within the Sales Record.

Selling Manager/Awaiting PaymentSelling Manager/Awaiting PaymentWithin the inner workings of the Sales RecordWithin the inner workings of the Sales Record

Dispatch options, however, are limited to 'shipped' or 'not shipped'. Nothing available for Local Pickup. There should be something to indicate a 'pickup' as opposed to 'shipment' but there isn't. 

You will also see Local Pickup as an available shipment option on the Send Invoice feature, and on the dropdown list of shipping choices within the Sales Record next to the item at the top. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Do not forget to send an invoice with local pickup indicated....  zero cost for shipping on the invoice. .

The invoice and payment option are used by eBay to calculate the FVF on shipping cost.

------------------------------

When I have a local pickup  the buyer will pick up and pay.

I will then send an invoice with local pickup indicated, and then mark it as payment received  and shipped.

-----------------------------

There is always a possibility that if I send an invoice before the pickup,  the buyer might say  please ship, after they have paid the invoice....  Then what?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

"There is always a possibility that if I send an invoice before the pickup,  the buyer might say  please ship, after they have paid the invoice....  Then what?"

Do you mean to say they have paid via Paypal for Local Pickup but send a message afterward asking for shipment? Reply that it's not possible because they paid for Local Pickup and then Cancel Order based on Problem with Buyer Address. If the buyer wants shipping, the buyer pays for shipping. There is no bait and switch.

I've never had a request for Local Pickup turn into a 'please ship'. I had one buyer on the West Cost try to pay for (free) Local Pickup and expect free shipping but that was another matter. They did not succeed. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Please allow me to clarify: "Reply that it's not possible because they paid for Local Pickup and then Cancel Order based on Problem with Buyer Address. If the buyer wants shipping, the buyer pays for shipping." What I mean is that after the order is cancelled and payment refunded, I would re-issue a new invoice with postal carrier services and costs available for their choosing. Then ship via their indicated choice after it was paid. 

Other sellers would suggest simply sending a separate paypal invoice with shipping costs on it. I suppose that may work too. I don't think I'd recommend that route because, in theory, the seller is circumventing FVFs on Shipping to ebay that way even if it was not their original intent. Leading to trouble.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I didn't say I was confused. I said those choices make no sense [in terms of my needs]. In any case, I marked the item as shipped as suggested.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Awesome, good to know 🙂
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I actually can't get to that page. At least, I can't find it anywhere.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply