Looking for help with my HTML would like to put two pictures side by side.

Hello Looking for help with my HTML, how does one put pictures side by side? If you look at my site ( kevicpast ) you will see they are one on top of the other. Thanks Keith kevicpast
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'm no expert but when you enter your code for your pictures, make sure there are no <p> in between your picture links. When I "inspect the element" of your listing, there are lots of <p> paragraphs in between your photo links. Remove them when you are using the HTML listing method, and switch back and forth between "standard" and html, and you should be able to get them beside each other.  In standard mode you can sometimes click on the picture and actually drag it beside the other. Then use the space bar to center them. Good luck

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I just noticed we are both in Victoria.  Small Ebay world.Smiley Happy You have beautiful things for sale!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You should upload your pictures in the eBay pictures on the top right. Pictures in the description is discouraged by eBay. The eBay mobile app listing is different than the computer listing so buyers may not know that you have more than 1 picture.

As for putting pictures side by side, it would not work in your listings because the pictures are large.  The typical computer display width is 1024 pixels to 1440 pixels wide and 768 to 1280 pixels high.  You need to design a listing to fit the lowest pixel width 1024 or you would force some potential buyers to horizontally scroll right and left to see the pictures side by side.

Most listings with side by side picture like a third party listing services like Auctiva have smaller 300 to 400 pixel pictures which can fit 2 side by side and use a click to enlarge to see a larger picture in a popup window. eBay does the same thing in the top left.

So you would be better off having the photos one under the other like you are doing.

Be sure to add the pictures to the eBay gallery in the top left. Mobile devices account for 35% or more of ebay sales from what eBay reported this year. You can also add to the description if you want but it adds work.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks very much, I'll give that a go.

Keith / kevicpast

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I used to use PhotoBucket. I would take the pictures, load them into PB, back and forth putting the pictures in the description. It is a lot of WORK.

It was Poco that alerted me to the fact that searchers were not seeing the pictures on mobile devices. I have seen stats as high as 70% of purchases being done over mobile devices.

Using eBay pictures is a whole lot easier and simpler. I use as many as is reasonable, some things are just not worth 12 pictures when there is all of two sides. Now, I know, mobile device users, are seeing my pictures.

I did the in the description thing for years as that worked. I do not believe that is the way to go, anymore.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks very much for that, great information. I have a ipad and I can see all the picture just like my deck top P/C, but not aware the pictures were not being seen by moblie devices. Many Thanks

Keith

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You can install the eBay app on you iPad. You will see the difference.  You can still use Apple Safari browser on the iPad as well as the iPad.  Just do not make the mobile app your default for eBay.

The big issue I have with the mobile app is that the description is not opened by default. A buyer has to open the description. If they do not, then they do not see your photos there.

If you use eBay photos, they are open for viewing right away in the mobile app.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply