Need help not sold for a while

Hello there, I have not sold anything for a few years, so I am really rusty.  I went to put up a listing, and the domestic shipping was USA not Canadian, does anyone know how to change that?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

You were listing on dotCOM.

There you can only list in US dollars and the shipping default is USPS. So we Canadians have to use Flat Rate shipping.

Scroll down to the international shipping section. Canada can be separate from the overseas destinations.

If you list on dotCA you must use loonies, but you have access to Calculated Shipping.

A few other changes:

• you will be charged 10% FVF on your shipping fee. New eBay thing.
  • you will be charged ON HST on your eBay fees. EBay lost an arguement with Revenue Canada.
  • Lettermail has become less available and Light Packet has disappeared.  A lot of work on current rates has been done by ypdc_dennis.
  • You are gonna be back with limited numbers and value for listings. You can ask for more in 30days from Customer Service.
  • Feedback no longer counts against our seller accounts at all.

And check every listing Description on the top left of the Description box of the Sell Your Item form. Click on 'mobile friendly'. It will fix it for you.

The horizontal scrolling warning I can't help you with, but it has something to do with random bits of coding.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Rapid handling time, free postage, and long periods of accepting Returns are also more important than they were once.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Oh and cancelling a buyer’s order due to being Out of Stock is now among the biggest sins a seller can commit here. Ditto for shipping late. Or not responding to open cases in the Resolution Centre. The very first and the very last will get you turfed almost as fast as not paying your seller’s fees on time.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Success on eBay is based on a seller knowing what ... not to do.

Good pictures....  correct size for pictures... good description... mobile friendly.

Start easy ...  re-learn the new reality of eBay...... and do lots of reading  in the Help section...

and if you have questions... some here

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You were listing on dotCOM.

There you can only list in US dollars and the shipping default is USPS. So we Canadians have to use Flat Rate shipping.

Scroll down to the international shipping section. Canada can be separate from the overseas destinations.

If you list on dotCA you must use loonies, but you have access to Calculated Shipping.

A few other changes:

• you will be charged 10% FVF on your shipping fee. New eBay thing.
  • you will be charged ON HST on your eBay fees. EBay lost an arguement with Revenue Canada.
  • Lettermail has become less available and Light Packet has disappeared.  A lot of work on current rates has been done by ypdc_dennis.
  • You are gonna be back with limited numbers and value for listings. You can ask for more in 30days from Customer Service.
  • Feedback no longer counts against our seller accounts at all.

And check every listing Description on the top left of the Description box of the Sell Your Item form. Click on 'mobile friendly'. It will fix it for you.

The horizontal scrolling warning I can't help you with, but it has something to do with random bits of coding.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Rapid handling time, free postage, and long periods of accepting Returns are also more important than they were once.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Oh and cancelling a buyer’s order due to being Out of Stock is now among the biggest sins a seller can commit here. Ditto for shipping late. Or not responding to open cases in the Resolution Centre. The very first and the very last will get you turfed almost as fast as not paying your seller’s fees on time.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Success on eBay is based on a seller knowing what ... not to do.

Good pictures....  correct size for pictures... good description... mobile friendly.

Start easy ...  re-learn the new reality of eBay...... and do lots of reading  in the Help section...

and if you have questions... some here

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks so much to you all.  I don't think I will be back as a regular seller.  For right now I am going to be selling some coins for my in laws that they inherited.  So much has changed, I figured I would come here for some tips.  Thanks again 🙂

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Aw, nuts. Did we scare you off? I can honestly say that was NOT our intent. We were trying to help. I'm sorry if we sounded like a nasty lot, ebay is really not a terrible place to sell. To the contrary, I quite like it. And there are so many new friends to make here.....

If you can be persuaded, ebay is offering some webinars on selling in which you might be interested in participating. Yes, no, maybe so?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

No you didn't scare me off lol, I was a seller for a long time, but right now I just don't have the time to get into again.  I will eventually though since I still have a lot of stock I need to sell to clear some space in my house lol.  Thanks again for all the tips.  Now I just have to find the time to do the listings I'm a little rusty, I used to be able to put up a listing in a few minutes haha.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply