New Promo Starts June 8

Photobucket

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

New Promo Starts June 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

TO ALL SELLERS or "by Invitation only" (I hope NOT!!)?   Which auction?  Auction-style format or fixed-priced acution or both??  Need more information or a link.  Thanks.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

You are not invited - so do not worry about it.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

How do you know who is invited and who is not?

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay is an j******s for sending it to sellers "by invitation only".  eBay could at least send it to all of sellers as an aplogy for security breach and also causing problems for sellers' sales going down due to many buyers not wanting to deal with having to change passwords, etc. 

Come on eBay, where is your apology to sellers?  Why not send us free promos for 3-6 months as an aplogoy for not telling us for months since February!!  Shame on eBay!!

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

I asked ebay customer service about how they send out promo invitations They said it's done randomly by ebay.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

I haven't received the invite notice in my messages or email and have most definitely not activated anything but the promo shows as being active on my eBay promos section.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

Different from last week promotion - this promotion does not require activation.

If you are invited (whether you received an email or not) It will show in your Selling Manager as:

Pay no insertion fees on 20,000 auction-style listings
Limit of 20,000 auction-style listings. Also includes Buy it Now and 10-day duration.
Start: 06/07/14 21:00:00 PDT
End: 06/14/14 20:59:59 PDT
Available at cafr.ebay.ca,ebay.ca

Pay no insertion fees on 20,000 auction-style listings
Limit of 20,000 auction-style listings. Also includes Buy it Now and 10-day duration.
Start: 06/08/14 00:00:00 PDT
End: 06/14/14 23:59:59 PDT
Available at ebay.com
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

Shows in my promotional offers at the bottom of my ebay page. But I also did not get a email and no message in my messages.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

"How do you know..."

Actually I do not have that knowledge. 

However, it only takes me a few seconds to surmise that you were invited and loaded almost 1,000 auction listings (with Buy-it-Now) with five day duration - great plan as it allows you to relist again under the promotion.

Based on the value of your listings and the fact you do not have a store, one does not need a doctorate from MIT to understand you need those "free listings" to list on eBay.  To pay full price when your auction "sell through" rate is only 3% would not make economical sense.

There are many sellers of low priced items who, like you, can only list when those "free listing" promotions come along.

Good Luck.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

Did not receive the promo until a couple of minutes ago.

Was not there fifteen minutes earlier.

No email, Nothing in My eBay Messages, but shows in My Promotional Offers.

I'll take it, but to be honest, while I appreciate the invitations, I don't do very well on the Auction Promos.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received mine like 12 hours later!  Although it was shown in my account way later but I am happy as I am always successful with auction-style format.     Sometimes they do inform me by email but lately most time they don't do that, I had to check this board here or my account on right side daily to make sure, so I don't miss them.

The last time I got this invitation was in April and I was fretting that the unsold items saved in inventory would disappeared and I would have to start all over and work more harder which is time consuming so I am very happy to received it.  Thanks eBay!

Already I see 3 bidders (2 of them in bidding wars!!).

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

I got my e-mail at 5PM PST yesterday lol... super late. 

But it seems like there is no extra charge for 10-days listing this time right? I'm gonna relist for 10 days later on the 14th...

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

Question for all sellers:

six days into this promotion, how are your sales? 

how is your "sell through" rate?

What is worth your time and efforts?

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

Nope!

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

Same here.  Total waste of time.  The site is dead.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

I relisted some this morning.When the items I have run out that's going to be it for awhile. Will re-evaluate in the fall. I have other venues to spend my time on.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

I didn't put a lot of effort into it..just listed a few auctions but sales were dismal before that and just as dismal now. I don't remember it ever being this slow before.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

New Promo Starts June 8

The security breach has possibly scarred away millions of shoppers.  Ebay should give free listings to all sellers for the rest of the year and run ads reassuring buyers that Ebay is still a safe place to shop online.  Naturally Ebay being Ebay will do none of this as the ship sinks.  I did not get the last few promos by the way, so no thanks to Ebay in helping us sellers in a tough time!  Smiley Mad

Message 20 of 25
latest reply