New seller wants to understand about 90 days, 25 feedbacks..

Hi people, I'm a new seller and my sell are good. I have near 10 transactions. But I only received 1 feedback.. Nobody seems to give feedback anymore or what? So, if nobody leaves me feedback how can I upgrade about that 25 feedbacks? 25 feedbacks, does it means really feedback or only transactions? Does it means only selling transaction or also buying transactions? Please, help me to understand all that stuff.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I think they have marginalized that feedback nonsense as buyers rarely use it anymore. You are rated on number of transactions.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

One way to get feedback is to leave it.

Personally, I leave feedback as soon as I have the item packaged for shipping. My feedback includes the date of shipping and the service used. If I have a tracking* number, I put that in too.

Another way of getting feedback is to do some buying.

Sellers are somewhat more likely to leave feedback than buyers and more importantly, you will get a feel for your customers' needs and expectations by being a customer yourself.

Most sellers need packaging materials like poly envelopes, discounted mint postage stamps or perhaps toner for the printer. All are available at good prices on eBay.

*Don't believe anyone who tells you that you MUST track your shipments. Tracking is only useful if you are faced with an Item Not Received Dispute, which are very rare. Bloody annoying, but rare.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for this response.. I am a new seller but I try to do my best. I always give feedback fastly when I got the payment. I add tracking number right after I got to the post office. My items are nicely packaged with poly enveloppe or bubble enveloppe. I also ship all my items within 24 hours after I receive the payment. Usually, my customers get their items within 8 business days from Canada to USA.

I always leave feedback when I buy and I am satisfied with my purchase. But I thought that a lot of users act this way. It seems that it's harder for a seller to get feedback than a buyer.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Do not make feedback a focus. I give 100% and receive about 30%. Focus on selling. Unless you are selling high dollar items, tracking is a waste of your money.  I have legitimately lost one (1) widget in the last 1000. NOT using tracking has saved me about $6000 in the last year.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

It's another thing I wasn't sure as I see on some forums that there is a lot of scam suposedly. So, I'm adding tracking all the time.. Thank you very much for that advice!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Do not read the scam stories. Most of them are just that, stories.

All businesses have a shrinkage budget, I do. In the real world retail, it is around 10%. My eBay shrinkage budget is 1%. That means 99% of my sales go off perfectly.

Where should YOU focus your efforts? Should you be heck-bent to stop the 1%, or, heck-bent to satisfy the 99%? Where is the best use of your effort?

Photobucket
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Well, to satisfy the 99% of course. So, whether it is in Canada or USA, I will ship item without tracking for those I can post not as a package.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I just called eBay Customer service.. and they don't say what you are saying mr. elmwood. We have to focus on feedback as it is not 25 transactions but really 25 feedbacks I have to don't get limited anymore.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Customer service is not always 100% right about policy.

There is a 25 transaction rule before they will stop holding funds for each transaction.

It does state 25 U.S. transactions which is odd, perhaps someone else knows if it is total transactions rather

than U.S. transactions.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html#avoid

New seller status ends once you've met all the following criteria:

• It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale.

• You've completed more than 25 US sales transactions.

• You have more than US$250 in total sales.

If you are referring to account selling listing limits,  I don't see anything about a specific amount of feedback in that information.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for finding the correct language PJ. I knew it was out there but not where.

OP, do not go by anything Peggy says.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Maybe you could clarify that PJ doesn't stand for Peggy Jo and you are not referring to me

lol

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Maybe you could clarify that PJ doesn't stand for Peggy Jo and you are not referring to me

lol

Not this time?

Photobucket
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I just called eBay Customer service.. and they don't say what you are saying mr. elmwood.

Cui bono?

EBay charges a fee to sellers on our shipping charges.

If we charge 85 cents for letter rate, they get 10% (?)* of that.

If we charge $9.85 for Registered letter rate, they get 10%(?) of that.

So, again. Who benefits?

Buyers do feel happier at having tracking, until you tell them how much tracking will cost them.

I leave the date and shipping service in my feedback when I ship. This seems to satisfy my buyers that the item has actually been sent. Remember however that I sell to readers, philatelists, and dressmakers, people who can and do read and follow instructions. YMMV.

*Not absolutely sure of the percentage, but around that.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply