No Sale Promo Marketing on .CA

I've just started using the sale marketing tool on .com (where you can offer deals like Buy 3, get 1 free etc). I LOVE this feature & find it very useful. As you know, this is only available on .COM. Since I list on both sites, I can only apply the sales to my US currency items. I read somewhere that this feature will be available on .CA sometime at the end of summer (i hope it happens soon).

But here's the rotten situation right now that I just noticed (on the App that is - not sure if same on desktop):
It's one thing that I can't apply promo sales to .ca items. It's another thing that my Canadian Buyers can't even SEE (or advantage of) sales on US currency items if they are logged into .CA. So basically when you buy US$ items on .ca, you miss out on all seller promo sales that Americans get. How unfair is that? It's really rotten that Canadians get dinged for no reason. All that stuff they talked about "anything you see on .com is also visible on .ca" was nonsense. If you buy on eBay, make sure you are always logged in to .com.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@eurobeads wrote:
I've just started using the sale marketing tool on .com (where you can offer deals like Buy 3, get 1 free etc). I LOVE this feature & find it very useful. As you know, this is only available on .COM. Since I list on both sites, I can only apply the sales to my US currency items. I read somewhere that this feature will be available on .CA sometime at the end of summer (i hope it happens soon).

But here's the rotten situation right now that I just noticed (on the App that is - not sure if same on desktop):
It's one thing that I can't apply promo sales to .ca items. It's another thing that my Canadian Buyers can't even SEE (or advantage of) sales on US currency items if they are logged into .CA. So basically when you buy US$ items on .ca, you miss out on all seller promo sales that Americans get. How unfair is that? It's really rotten that Canadians get dinged for no reason. All that stuff they talked about "anything you see on .com is also visible on .ca" was nonsense. If you buy on eBay, make sure you are always logged in to .com.

I've been asking for this for five years. We won't be getting it any time in the foreseeable future. We are supposed to get the Seller Hub and we are supposed to get access to Promoted Listings at some point this summer. Promoted Listings are different than Promotions Manager. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@eurobeads wrote:

I've been asking for this for five years. We won't be getting it any time in the foreseeable future. We are supposed to get the Seller Hub and we are supposed to get access to Promoted Listings at some point this summer. Promoted Listings are different than Promotions Manager. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

We are supposed to get a lot of things, and we have, increased fees and taxes, what more would you like?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Oh no! But when I googled about the Buy 2, get ...free/putting items on sale, I read that they would make it available on .ca end of summer?!? If they don't plan on giving us this feature anytime soon, I'm not listing anything new on .ca. And when my Canadian buyers miss out on sales because they're using .ca to buy, I'll just add free stuff to their order. If they can't have a properly working .ca, why don't they just get rid of it altogether, would make life easier for everyone. Just get rid of eBay.ca and add the correct Canada Post shipping options on .com. And the cart problems would finally get resolved too. So frustrating...
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Add your voice to the choir at the weekly chat on Wednesday. 

I for one wouldn't use eBay.com as a seller so eliminating eBay Canada isn't the answer. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

p.s. The CAD cart problem was fixed last fall. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply