Not an approved grading company

I noticed how ebay refuses to obbide by there own policies, they have a policy that stipulates that only coins graded by ICG PCGS ANACS CCCS NGC can be sold on this site. Yet, there's always 10,000+ coins graded by ICCS for sale on this site, that company is not on the list of approved grading company. The reason ebay says only the approved  grading com. can be sold is the protect the buyers. I've been trying for 6 months to have ICCS graded coins removed but ebay totally refuse to go according to there policy.

What's going on with Ebay?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

EBay will not listen to a single complainer. No matter how often he complains. You would need a lot of other sellers and buyers complaining, preferably ones who are not competitors of the sellers using ICCS.

Here's an analogy.

EBay encourages sellers to track shipments. Tracking makes buyers feed secure  and since eBay's fees are based in part on shipping cost, eBay makes more money.

But.

For sellers the only reason to track a shipment, is that if there is an ItemNot Received dispute the seller must provide Proof of Delivery or refund the complainant.

Most Canadian sellers of small, low value items do not use tracking because the lowest cost for a tracked service is about $12 (for a parcel to the next province). We go commando and trust that our customers are honest when they file an INR.  And usually that works fine.

To me, it sounds as if in a Not As Described dispute, only coins graded by ICG PCGS ANACS CCCS NGC would be accepted by eBay as being as described. Sellers using ICCS will not be covered.

Again, I don't sell coins, but I think that may be what eBay is saying. They don't think ICCS is reliable enough to cover the seller who uses them.

If you are comfortable with going commando, use ICCS, if you believe them to be reliable. But be prepared to ask for those coins to be returned* for refund if your customer disagrees.

* Even if you have a No Returns policy, you do not have a No Refunds policy. But you can demand return even with a No Returns policy. Sometimes this is enough to end the dispute because the scammer wants to keep both the payment and the coin.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Where exactly in the policy does it state ICCS graded coins are not allowed?

All I see is a list of "recommended" grading companies.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Your photos are pretty bad. Does ICCS provide professional pictures that you could use?

I like your brave attempt to mend your feedback rating by selling  toonies for a loonie. Reminds me of the 1996 Great Toonie Robbery.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/truck-thieves-steal-3m-in-coins-1.71785

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

LOL.   Do you recall if they caught anyone for the Toonie heist?

EDIT.  Quick google search found a 2020 retrospect piece, "Follow-up reporting on the toonie heist saw police claim to be watching some suspects, according to what The Canadian Press reported that September."

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/the-day-thieves-drove-off-with-1-5-million-brand-new-toonies-1.5647971

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

DH figured that the loot was sold to various depanneurs (convenience stores) which likely were already selling untaxed cigarettes under the counter or were otherwise involved with the province's notorious biker gangs.

Toss in a few restaurants, where most diners pay cash, and there you are.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

... welcome to my $8 and $18 flea market booth, prices are firm!!!!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply