Not receiving returned item, what should I do then?

My buyer requested return on march 4th through automatically ebay system.

I click agree for return, but I didn't receive the item back nor tracking number for returning item.

Now ebay message me if I already receive the item, I should refund the payment, or if I haven't receive it there is an option there to "contact buyer" or "ask ebay to step in" .

There is no communication at all between me and the buyer for this matter. Is contact the buyer will be good idea? To be honest I don't want to start discussion with buyer. She doesn't like what she bought. 

If I choose to do nothing, is ebay going to refund the buyer without any proof of buyer returning the item?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Buyer has probably given up trying to return the item as they are not experienced at shipping and got hit with a postage cost that is greater than the value of the return.

I have not had this happen, under the new system, so, I don't know. I agree, do not contact the buyer.

I would suspect that if the buyer is not contacting eBay, eBay is not going to do anything as they see this a LOT. Buyer starts the process and then abandons it.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I agree - what you want is for eBay to close the Dispute.

But not having been through this myself, I can only guess that 'Contact eBay' is the route to do that.

The buyer should not be contacted.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

How you handle it may depend on the reason the buyer gave for the return. Was it a snad or a buyers remorse return....what reason did they check off?

Definitely do not click ask ebay to step in. If you do, a bot will probably decide and chances are good that they will refund the buyer.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Buyer did not choose SNAD, she doesn't like what she bought.

There is no option to contact ebay, only "issue refund", "contact buyer" and "ask ebay to step in".

It is not big money, I will do nothing then. I will update what will be happened.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

"askl eBay to step in"

equals

Call eBay tell them is been xx days, no return yet so please close the claim and remove the defect (if any).

If you have the claim closed the buyer MAY (not 100% sure) be prevented from leaving feedback.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Use "contact buyer", and provide information for return. System will count it as your response.

Otherwise ebay will refund money to buyer.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@goldnideas wrote:

Use "contact buyer", and provide information for return. System will count it as your response.

Otherwise ebay will refund money to buyer.

Why on earth would you contact the buyer? They were authorized to do the return 30 days ago and have done nothing. Times up, their right to return is over, seller keeps the money, buyer keeps the goods. Get the case closed in the seller's favour equals defect removed and feedback blocked.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

So here what happened if I click ask ebay to step in.Capture.JPG

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I probably will take recped's advice but I will wait 2 more days in case I got the item back. They give me deadline by 14th april to refund.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

If I may, Asia, I would like to compliment you.

You have grown considerably in poise and professionalism since we first heard from you, how ever long ago it was. It is nice to see the positive growth.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

If I may, Asia, I would like to compliment you.

You have grown considerably in poise and professionalism since we first heard from you, how ever long ago it was. It is nice to see the positive growth.

I agree completely, and may I say in my turn, what a perfectly Canadian compliment that was.  A credit to our nationality, and something I doubt we'd see much on the U.S. boards where snarling and sarcasm seem to be the order of the day.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@recped wrote:

"askl eBay to step in"

equals

Call eBay tell them is been xx days, no return yet so please close the claim and remove the defect (if any).

If you have the claim closed the buyer MAY (not 100% sure) be prevented from leaving feedback.

There shouldn't be a defect unless the buyer used a snad reason for wanting to return the item.

Based on what I've read, (not based on experience) asking eBay to step in isn't quite the same as phoning them and asking them to close the case. It seems that when there is no phone call, a bot will decide and rule in favour of the buyer even if there was no real case to begin with so I would always recommend phoning in a situation like this.

I could be wrong but I think that 'asking ebay to step in' is like accelerating it to a case even if it was just a simple return to begin with.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Your right I think about the 'bot (even if it's a living breathing one) closing the claim/case/request (whatever) being risky. I am loathe to call eBay about anything but this is a situation where it may be worth the effort to ensure it's done right.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply