Once I upgraded my store nothing has sold.

I upgraded my store from the $25 to the $65. And since I did that nothing has sold in my store. Very upset about this. Any help out there to what may be going on?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I would guess the great majority of potential buyers are not much interested in vintage ball cap type hats priced as they are. The least expensive I found was 35.00 with most priced from 150.00 to 500.00 each. The buckles and cups are priced a little more in line but I bet if you did some price comparisons with competitors offerings the reason for low sales would be clearly illustrated. Hope I'm way off base with my theory and your inventory will sell as you think it should.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

"least expensive I found was 35.00 with most priced from 150.00 to 500.00 each"

Extreme shipping charges also.
Particularly on those overpriced ball caps.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It looks like you are dropshipping many of your listings.

Which means you don't have any money in inventory, with your big cost being your eBay store subscription.

Look at the products that actually are selling well. Drop most of the others.

I hope you went with the monthly subscription for your store, because you can easily drop back to the  cheaper lot.

And then there is the other secret about eBay Canada.

For your subscription you get equal numbers of listings on dot CA and dot COM.

So if you have more than 250 items that are selling well, put half of them on dotCOM. 

You will have to use Flat Rate Shipping in your dotCOM listings but you seem to be doing that anyway.

If you are dropshipping, the dropshipped items should have the location of the item NOT your own location. This allows your customer to consider shipping time and possible import fees.

If you list on dotCOM, you must list in US dollars, so don't forget   foreign exchange.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Downswing in pretty much everything.  Regardless of people attacking you for your 'pricing' or whatever people cherry pick as an answer..

if you were selling before, I believe you. Why would you lie?

I noticed a huge drop off on all my platforms as of September this year.. NORMALLY September is when my stock FLIES off the shelf due to the Loans students get for College /University.

Not this year  for the first time.

opening a  store on Ebay is tricky and not a 'guarantee' of anything really. I personally have a very tight niche online what I sell..and have never had to use promotional gimmicks in 20 years.

Just keep pushing.. consider keeping your business model to how you had it or NO Store at all..and showcase your PREMIUM items that will of course attract people to your general selection.  Maybe look at other platforms or build your own website as well. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi thank you for your reply. I actually realized I had a wrong setting where I was declining offers automatically at the wrong setting. That’s a big lesson learned! But I definitely will play around with my prices! Thanks again!
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Shipping from Canada is the price I state or I lose on shipping. Shipping from the states is way cheaper than what Canadians have to charge and I always do with tracking
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi all of my items are shipped from my place. No dropshipping. I hate that Canadian shipping is so much higher than states. And I can’t ship overseas because shipping is too extreme.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your positive feedback. Yes I was doing very well before and then I finally realized I had an automatic decline on all my items for the wrong amount. I lost out on many offers. Lesson learned! 😟
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@eyegotwhatuwant wrote:
Shipping from Canada is the price I state or I lose on shipping. Shipping from the states is way cheaper than what Canadians have to charge and I always do with tracking

For the States if the item is under 1kg, you can save a bit by sending as Small Packet USA versus Tracked Packet USA.

Officially there is no tracking, with Canada Post and USPS websites not showing any.

But if you buy the label through Shippo or PayPal, and manually enter the small code under the bar code (UR ### ### ### CA) as a tracking number on eBay -- it will be treated as tracking number and  eBay will display the hidden scans that USPS makes from the packet.

eBay apparently has some clout with the USPS to get this info.

Does not work for Small Packet International, just for the USA.

-..-

Message 10 of 10
latest reply