PSYCHIC READINGS

Does anybody know if the PSYCHIC READINGS category has been reinstated?  If you do a North America All Category search there are loads of entries.  Some are books with that subject or title but lots are the "Give me $20 and I'll tell you what you want to hear".  I can understand why this nonsense was axed in the first place but can't believe they would bring it back unless it is just another shameless money maker done with no regard for integrity.  There should be a site then expressly for these kinds of listings, call it allripoffs.com  or scammersRus  or something equally fitting.  Was there an announcment that I missed saying the FreeForAll has reopened? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

PSYCHIC READINGS

Good question. Maybe we should ask R at Board Hour. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

PSYCHIC READINGS

You see them too then?  I was hoping someone would tell me I made a mistake or that I misunderstood and got the wrong end of the stick.  Not that those predatory listings were once again fully operational to give free reign to the scammers who bilk society's gullible unfortunates who through no fault of their own most certainly have more credit than sense.  

Your right, maybe R has gotten wind of it or will know where to find out.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

PSYCHIC READINGS

mcrlmn
Community Member

I've got some Miracle Spring Water I'm going to list.

I never thought of online psychic readings.

Thanks! I'm always looking for new ideas.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

PSYCHIC READINGS

I am thinking they have been allowed.

If one goes to the sell form and enters 'psychic reading' into the Tell Us What You're Selling field, this comes up like it's totally no biggie. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 9.38.35 PM.png

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

PSYCHIC READINGS

Furthermore, nothing comes up on Psychic Readings specifically on the list of prohibited items. That I can find. 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/items-ov.html

HOWEVER if one delves into Personal Relationships and Services Policy, it says 'Personal advice and coaching' is not allowed. Does that mean Psychic readings? I don't know. It could be argued either way. 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/prohibited-services.html

On another note, there goes my lifelong dream of selling myself as a mail-order bride on ebay. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

PSYCHIC READINGS

What a contradictory policy situation!  I found this about NO ITEM listings :

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/listing-no-item.html

Allegedly none of these are allowed but they could ALL apply to "psychic readings" even though it does not specifically exclude that.  Talk about loopholes!  And yet some other guy can't use the word "feedback" to describe a genuine item.  Sheesh!

• Intangible items, or things that buyers can't confirm that they've received.

• Items where the value is placed on something intangible

• Listings without an item or service for sale.

• Listings that tell people to contact the seller for info,

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

PSYCHIC READINGS

@mcrlmn wrote:

I've got some Miracle Spring Water I'm going to list.

I never thought of online psychic readings.

Thanks! I'm always looking for new ideas.

Don't thank me, thank eBay!  🙂    

It reminds me of that scene in The Godfather where they don't want to get into peddling drugs because unlike gambling and booze, narcotics is REALLY dirty and immoral.  But then they realize how much money is to be made from it.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply