Packages get stuck in ISC San Francisco for days?

Has anyone else recently had issues with packages getting stuck in ISC San Francisco for days?

A few packages have made it out, (magically getting 6-7 days of tracking data in a burst at the end) but most haven't, leading to a bunch of unhappy buyers.  Is something going on with customs or USPS right now?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

According to the U.S. boards, there have been a lot of problems at USPS sorting centers lately as they have decreased the number of centers.

Try this....go to the USPS site and enter the tracking number. On that page there is a place where you can ask for email updates for the parcel. I've heard that this can sometimes get the package moving again.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

And of course, the 'tracking' may be delivery confirmation.

DC is only necessarily recorded on submission to the PO and again after delivery.

And that's all that Paypal requires of a seller to win a false 'non-delivery' dispute.

Tracking is not necessary for a buyer, except emotionally, but you pay extra for it anyway.

So your item may be in San Francisco, or it may be on its way to you, unrecorded. It might be recorded when it gets to the border today or tomorrow . Remember this is Monday, the SF note would have been on Friday? perhaps quite late? The PO terminal would probably not be fully staffed over the weekend.

Or it may not be recorded again until it has been delivered to you.

If the parcel is not delivered 20 days after purchase, contact the seller.

If it is not delivered 30 days after purchase, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received case.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (with the Confirmation of Delivery he purchased) he will be forced to refund you.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Actually, this is since April 1 - I've had a number of packages go into this state, though a few of them actually have made it out.  I'm getting a few angry buyers, some calm down after explaining and others just demand refunds without even shipping the product back.  

I think the best course of action is just to wait it out - really it's only been about 14 days and although a bit on the slow side, I wouldn't consider it lost yet.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If the items are tracked, giving the tracking number to the customer is useful in calming the nervous. (Nothing helps with the crazies.)

If the items are not tracked, soothing the customer with useless information like date of shipping, place of shipping, that the package is covered in postage stamps (in my case anyway, my packages are noticeable!) or in a poly envelope or kraft bubble mailer, and a polite friendly request to push the expected date of arrival to about Day 20 (or 30 if you can) with a promise to refund on Day21 (31) if nothing has shown up.

Then contact on Day 19(29) and if nothing has turned up, refund.

If the buyer opens a Claim, and you did not track, refund immediately and ask that the refund be refunded WHEN the parcel arrives. This often works.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply