Promotional invitation-only listing offer targets back-to-school on eBay.CA

Summary info for this invitation only promo offer from eBay,ca

What is the Promotion?
Invited Canadian-based sellers who activate the offer, list in one of the Qualifying Categories in the auction-style, auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or fixed price format, and then sell one (1) or more items from a Qualifying Category on www.ebay.ca are eligible to earn a single eBay Coupon that is 10% of the total amount sold, capped at a $50 value.

Qualifying Categories are:
1. Books > Textbooks, Education [2228]
2. Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Kids Clothing, Shoes & Accs [171146]
3. Computers/ Tablets & Networking > Laptops & Netbooks [175672]
4. Computers/ Tablets & Networking > Tablets & eBook Readers [171485]
5. Computer Tablets & Networking > Desktops & All-In-Ones (171957)
6. Consumer Electronics > Gadgets & Other Electronics > Calculators (11711)
7. Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Unisex Clothing, Shoes & Accs > Unisex Accessories > Bags & Backpacks [163537]
8. Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Men’s Accessories > Backpacks & Bags & Briefcases [52357]
9. Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Women’s Handbags & Bags > Backpacks & Bookbags [169292]
10. Crafts > Kids’ Crafts > Drawing & Painting (160717)
11. Musical Instruments & Gear [619]
12. Sporting Goods [888]
13. Video Games & Consoles (1249)

When is it?
Promotion begins on Monday, July 18, 2016, and will end on Monday, July 25, 2016 for listings on www.ebay.ca
Sellers who create listings during the Promotion Listing Period, complete a final sale, and receive payment in full for the item(s) from the buyer by Sunday, August 7, 2016, will be eligible to earn an eBay Coupon.

How do I earn the eBay Coupon?
The value of the Coupon will be 10% of the total amount that is sold, excluding shipping, handling, and taxes, from items listed during the Promo that sell by Sunday, August 7, for a maximum coupon value of $50.
The eBay Coupon will be awarded within two weeks after Sunday, August 7. The Coupon is not transferable. Limit of one (1) Coupon per eligible, participating seller. Sellers will have until the date listed on the Coupon to redeem on www.ebay.ca.

ADDITIONAL TERMS:
Sellers will not be able to redeem Coupon when purchasing items from: Gift Card or Bullion Categories.
CAD must be selected to be eligible for the discount.
Coupon will expire on the date shown on the Coupon.
Discount applies to the purchase price only.
Coupon may be used only one time for up to the maximum discount amount shown on the Coupon.
To receive the discount, you must pay for the item with PayPal.

-..-

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

For the moment, I did not get this invitation. But it doesn't really matter, since I do not list in any of the listed categories.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

I did not get this invitation. But it doesn't really matter, since I do not list in any of the listed categories.

I was puzzled by the invite, since those are categories I don't sell in  --- until I remembered that I'd sold a vintage (40 year old) calculator a few years back, so I actually have listed in one of the categories.  One item total.

-..-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it, it is not a good deal.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I understand how the categories were chosen for a Back To School promotion, except for #13.

Has the curriculum changed that much?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I did get the invitation. Strangely, it appeared in my eBay messages *after* I read the email in my mailbox. It is always like that, strange huh? If it is just a coincidence, it happens a LOT. Anyway, still not good for me. I never listed anything in those categories. Don't have anything to sell in those categories either. 😞

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I understand how the categories were chosen for a Back To School promotion, except for #13.

Has the curriculum changed that much?

It's probably meant to be for the seller, aka parents, to sell their kid's console because it's back on school time... 😛

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I received the invitational offer this morning by email.

http://mail.ebay.com/r/mail/39d1dII279cd2II1b3a994da72II3

500 free "auction style" listings - including the "Stamps" categories

Listings on eBay.com only.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply