Question about refunds and paypal

miklamot
Community Member

I sold a power supply for a tv to a guy in Texas. It is working perfectly fine as I tested it 3 times before shipping.

My concern is that he will lie and say it doesn't work. I have never had any issues so far with anything I have sold. What I want to know is how eBay handles this type of issue.

Do they just take him at his word and refund him? I told him if there were any issues, he had to ship it back to me first so I can test it and make sure he isn't lying. Will they make him ship it back first then refund him after I receive it?

thanks

Mike

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Do they just take him at his word and refund him?

No.

I told him if there were any issues, he had to ship it back to me first so I can test it and make sure he isn't lying.

SERIOUSLY? You told a customer you thought he was dishonest??? Honey, baby, sweetie, eBay and retail is just not for you.

Will they make him ship it back first then refund him after I receive it?

Yes, but in some circumstances the seller has to pay for the return and in others the buyer.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@miklamot wrote:

I sold a power supply for a tv to a guy in Texas. It is working perfectly fine as I tested it 3 times before shipping.

My concern is that he will lie and say it doesn't work. I have never had any issues so far with anything I have sold. What I want to know is how eBay handles this type of issue.

Do they just take him at his word and refund him? I told him if there were any issues, he had to ship it back to me first so I can test it and make sure he isn't lying. Will they make him ship it back first then refund him after I receive it?

thanks

Mike

You have a 7 day refund policy so if he want to return it within that time, he can return it for any reason and you will have to refund once you receive the item back.

If the buyer files a return request and uses the reason that the item doesn't work, then you would have to pay for the return shipping and refund once you received it. If it did work, you would still have to refund because you had the item back. I suppose you could ask ebay to 'step in' because the buyer lied but it would really be a case of he said/she said and it is unlikely that they would rule in your favour. Either way, you would still have to refund.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'm really not following any of this. Why are you so concerned this buyer is going to lie?

Photobucket
Message 4 of 4
latest reply