Restriction of sellers account

After a bit more than 2 years of selling on EBay. ca my account was approved for managed payments and some how payment for my first invoice from EBay was denied from my bank, I tried to make the payment manually and it didn’t go through again therefore my account was restricted.
I decided to pay the invoice with a different method of payment and EBay got their money but my account was still restricted, I called EBay and a representative in Philippines told that the restriction has been already lifted but no listings were showing on my account, he ask me to go to unsold items and re list them again which didn’t make sense to my because my active listings were 900 before the restriction and the unsold items on my account were 940. As this person didn’t quite help me with my problem I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said there was no one on duty.
I tried to re list what I could in the meantime but now my account was still restricted, I called back again and a new representative in the Philippines again told me that she is sending me an email with request that I needed to comply with before they lift the restriction.
On the email they ask me for a legal ID, proof of ownership of goods listed and I did sent photos of receipts and drivers license. The next day they were asking for proof of place of birth.
Now, what does the place of birth has to do with having a sellers account on EBay.ca? btw I’m a Canadian citizen
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This sounds more like a scam attempt rather than legit ebay support.

tyler@ebay 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Something seems very wrong here.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @ypdc_dennis!

Hi @johnnmuno_4 - I can confirm that you were speaking with eBay support, and that there are situations in which we would ask for this type of information. I'm not able to speak to account specific information (you'll want to contact customer support for details there), but I'm hopeful that this helped set your mind at ease a bit. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Why proof of place of birth though? That's not one of the security questions, so anything could be claimed.
I have a copy of my mother's birth certificate, could I send that instead?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply