Scam sites eBay doesn't shut down

Hello eBay, I would like to know why you guys allow systemic fraud on your platform and have for years. You got to know by now that these people out of India especially are selling fake items and are making up fake certificates of authenticity
I spent all of 10 minutes looking at fake opal and realized that all of them are selling all of the same items. So therefore they are more than likely the same people but you get your money from them. Anyways, here are a pile of items that I took screenshots of that are the exact same item that are completely fake just to look at them and they're passing them off as real genuine articles. Why are you not doing anything about this I sell opal for a living And a use your platform and these people make it very difficult to sell to people that don't know a lot  that are getting ripped off and they get gun shy. Because scummy scammers that you allow to stay on your platform are giving them a bad taste, selling them garbage . 

I'm certain there's more of them all interlinked but come on look at the names. They're all out of India and they all got the same on their sites. Come on eBay. I quit being such a bunch of greedy and like do what you should don't forget. I pay your wages so do all the other people that are honest taking money from these scummy people screwing over your own community. Your own supporters is a bad way to do business

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Are you reporting these listings or just ranting about them?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

When you see a scam listing, you should Report it.

EBay will at best send you a polite letter telling you they are looking into it.

EBay does not usually react to Reports from a single member, who could be a mischief maker or a competitor, but will react to multiple reports from multiple members.

Feed back is not used by eBay to assess member accounts.

Feedback is useless as a tool to remove scam sellers.

What does work is the Money Back Guarantee.

If you have purchased a scam item, you should file a Not As Described dispute.

The seller is required to refund you.

Even if the seller has a No Returns policy, he cannot have a No Refunds policy.

If the seller demands the return of the disputed item, he has to supply the buyer with return shipping.

If he does not supply shipping, the buyer is not required to return the disputed item.

If the seller does not refund willingly, eBay will refund the buyer.

And then go after the scammer for thier money.

A seller who gets "too many" NAD Disputes costs eBay money and goodwill, and eBay will remove those scammers.

Meanwhile, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Anyone who leaves feedback, without pursuing a Refund through the Money Back Guarantee*, is helping the scammer not future buyers or eBay.

*or through Paypal or through a credit card chargeback.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Firstly, naming and shaming a member is not the attention-seeking one should aspire for when here on the board.

Secondly, you are on the PUBLIC chat boards, you are not addressing "eBay" employees.

Thirdly, if you have concerns about listing or Sellers you can use the following resources...

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/report-item-listing?id=4739&st=3&pos=1&q...

2 min article

Report an item or listing

If you've seen an item on the site that you think violates our listing policies, let us know so we can look into it.

You should only report an item to us when it violates one of our policies. Here are a few examples of when to report an item:

This isn't an exhaustive list – you'll find all the rules about what's allowed on the site in our listing policies. If you see an item that shouldn't be listed on the site, let us know so that we can investigate.

If you're having an issue with an item you've purchased, for example if you haven't received it, or if it arrived damaged, you don't need to report it to us to investigate. Instead, you should work with the seller to resolve your issue. If they can't resolve your issue, you can ask us to step in and help. Find more information in our returns and refunds articles

How to report an item

You can report an item to us by selecting the button below, or directly from the listing using these steps:

1. Go to the listing and choose Report item, which you'll find next to the description and shipping and payment options.
  2. Select the reason from the dropdown menu, then Continue.
  3. On the next page, fill in any extra information, and select Send.

Report an item

Tip
If there's nothing wrong with the item, but you think that a seller is violating our policies, you can let us know by reporting the seller.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022&st=3&pos=2&quer...

2 min article

Report an issue with a seller

To make sure eBay is a safe place to buy and sell, we have policies that members have to follow. If you're having a problem with a seller because they're not following our policies, let us know and we'll look into it.

If the issue you're having with the seller is to do with an item that hasn't arrived, or that's faulty, damaged, or doesn't match the listing description, here’s where you should start:

You should only report a seller if you think they're violating our policies, for example:

• They offer to sell you a listed item outside of eBay
  • They don't intend to complete the sale
  • They sent threatening messages or used abusive or vulgar language
  • They published another member's contact information
  • The seller has provided you with false contact information
  • You suspect the seller is under the age of 18

This isn't an exhaustive list – you'll find all of our policies here.

Report a seller

Tip
If you've spotted an item that shouldn't be listed on eBay, you don't have to report the seller, you can just let us know by reporting the item.

What to do if eBay ended a listing you were trying to purchase

If you bought an item, and then received a message from us saying that the listing has been removed, you don't need to report the seller to us, but to get your money back you'll need to let us know that you haven't received your item, or open a return if the item has arrived.

We take all reports seriously, but please make sure your claims are accurate. Learn more about false reporting of policy violation

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I've been reporting A group of people that are all selling under very similar names all out of the same country repeatedly on and off for years and they don't do a **bleep** thing about it and now I am ranting about it cuz it's starting to choke me up
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have used those resources and I got stonewalled and nothing happened. That's why I'm here and I'm hoping that other people in the community also notice that these people are doing this and maybe they will go along with reporting them. Cuz you're right, one member screaming out loud is not doing a thing and I'm aware that it's a little bit in bad taste to be airing my laundry here. But where else do I have to do it? I talk directly to eBay and I get absolutely nowhere. Absolutely nothing happens. Some of these sites have been up and running for at least 8 years and I was griping about them back then and yet they're still here some of the top sellers....
And I don't understand how that is when you can go on to some of their sites and it looks like candy coated cake and they're calling Opal genuine real deal article. It's faker than a $3 bill in Canada.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There's probably a government agency you could report it to.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply