Seller Dashboard Errors

It's been a little while since I've checked my dashboard but I noticed two discrepancies this morning.

First, it showed that I had one return.  I haven't had a return in at least three years, so I clicked on "See All Returns" and saw the message "You do not have returned items for the time period you selected (18 months).

Then I noticed that I had 2 late shipments.  One I knew about  (Buyer Says Late Delivery) ... it was from last October.  The other read "Carrier Says Late Delivery".  This one caught me by surprise.  I knew immediately which transaction it related to.  It was an expedited parcel sent to a small community in Saskatchewan.  The buyer told me she lives on a farm a long way from the nearest Post Office and only goes into town every two weeks to get her mail. I saw that it had arrived but had not yet been picked up.  And because it wasn't marked delivered by Canada Post for two weeks, I got a late delivery infraction.

These aren't big numbers but it troubles me that I (and, no doubt, many others) are getting unwarranted infractions.

Is this even worth calling Customer Service about?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Seller Dashboard Errors

On the "carrier says late delivery".....

Did you not get an acceptance scan within your handling time?

If you have one that should override the late delivery scan.

Personally unless I think I'm near some tipping point on the percentages I wouldn't waste any time calling eBay about it.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Seller Dashboard Errors

@recped wrote:

On the "carrier says late delivery".....

Did you not get an acceptance scan within your handling time?

If you have one that should override the late delivery scan.

Personally unless I think I'm near some tipping point on the percentages I wouldn't waste any time calling eBay about it.

I believe the only thing that was considered was the 11 day gap between the item arriving and when it was "delivered".

2016/04/2210:21BIGGAR, SKDelivered  
2016/04/1111:49BIGGAR, SKAttempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.  
2016/04/0823:10WINNIPEG, MBItem departed  
 21:58WINNIPEG, MBItem processed  
 11:14WINNIPEG, MBItem accepted at the Post Office  

You're right.  My numbers are not close to getting me booted off.  But other sellers may see this and review their infractions more closely to see if they are all warranted.

In fact, even if I'm unfairly penalized, I really don't care anymore.  I'm so discouraged with eBay, I have little interest in remaining as a seller.  I just don't have the energy to spend hours every week reading the new policies and their implications, repeatedly revising my listings and on and on.  I no longer experience any enjoyment in selling so, at this point, my plan is just to sell off what I have.   I'm not bitter or angry like many sellers who have said "I've had it; you can kiss my --- I'm outta here!" I've always known when to leave a job, an apartment or a husband 🙂

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Seller Dashboard Errors

I am also getting the error on my dashboard (on my other ID) that says I have a return but when I check "See All Returns" and changed to 18 months timeframe I saw the message that says "You do not have any returned items for the time period you selected".

I have never had a return ever. I did refund one person because she wasn't happy with her item but I never asked for it to be returned. Are we now getting defects for giving good customer service?

Missed the Wednesday discussion today with Raphael. Did this problem get mentioned? If not, I'll have to try and be home next Wednesday and mention it then.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Seller Dashboard Errors

Off topic, I know and it's worth a groan but there is a welcome sign at Biggar, SK that says

"New York is Big - We Are Biggar"

2016/04/2210:21BIGGAR, SKDelivered  
2016/04/1111:49BIGGAR, SKAttempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.  
2016/04/0823:10WINNIPEG, MBItem departed  
 21:58WINNIPEG, MBItem processed  
 11:14WINNIPEG, MBItem accepted at the Post Office  

You're right.  My numbers are not close to getting me booted off.  But other sellers may see this and review their infractions more closely to see if they are all warranted.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Seller Dashboard Errors

If your package is scanned by the carrier within your handling time or scanned as delivered before the estimated delivery date, then it shouldn't be a late delivery. Actually I'm surprised that notice left doesn't count as  being 'delivered' but that shouldn't matter in this situation if it was scanned on time. You can try to get the late delivery changed but I don't think that they will even look at it if it is more than a month or two ago.

To see which 'returns' they are referring to you have to click on all returns and then click on closed returns which is the last option on the right side under the returns category. You might have to click on the arrow to see that option.  Any time a return request is opened up it counts as a return even if there is no return. A buyer o fmine opened up a return request and then closed it 2 minutes later because it was meant for another seller but it is still showing as a return on my dashboard. The number of returns doesn't count against you....at least for now.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Seller Dashboard Errors

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

If your package is scanned by the carrier within your handling time or scanned as delivered before the estimated delivery date, then it shouldn't be a late delivery. Actually I'm surprised that notice left doesn't count as  being 'delivered' but that shouldn't matter in this situation if it was scanned on time. You can try to get the late delivery changed but I don't think that they will even look at it if it is more than a month or two ago.

To see which 'returns' they are referring to you have to click on all returns and then click on closed returns which is the last option on the right side under the returns category. You might have to click on the arrow to see that option.  Any time a return request is opened up it counts as a return even if there is no return. A buyer o fmine opened up a return request and then closed it 2 minutes later because it was meant for another seller but it is still showing as a return on my dashboard. The number of returns doesn't count against you....at least for now.

Thanks ...... I didn't see the right-hand scroll to reveal more columns at the end.  I recall the buyer stated that the item was defective and I sent her a refund, with no return required.  It would seem that when she contacted me, she selected the "I wish to return" option.  So it was recorded as a return.  Oh well .....

Message 7 of 7
latest reply