Shipping Address

It has been so long since this happened I can't remember the proper procedure.

Item bought and eBay shows an address Puerto Rico.  PayPal shows an address in New Jersey.  Buyer says to send it to New Jersey.  Due to value not sending with tracking.  What is the best thing to do?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Shipping Address

Shipping Address

An explanatory note.

Many US sellers will not ship 'internationally' to weird foreign places like Puerto Rico or Hawai'i.

The customers there use freight forwarders who accumulate purchases, deal with customs*, and re-ship the goods to the client offshore.

Most freight forwarders are professional and easy to deal with.

When you ship to the address your customer gives you, your responsibility ends at the doorstep of the given address.

*obviously not a question for PR or HI, but the forwarders also have clients in Asia, Central and South America, India, Japan etc.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping Address

Ship it to the New Jersey address as requested by the buyer and shown on the PayPal payment.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Address

Thank you.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Address

An explanatory note.

Many US sellers will not ship 'internationally' to weird foreign places like Puerto Rico or Hawai'i.

The customers there use freight forwarders who accumulate purchases, deal with customs*, and re-ship the goods to the client offshore.

Most freight forwarders are professional and easy to deal with.

When you ship to the address your customer gives you, your responsibility ends at the doorstep of the given address.

*obviously not a question for PR or HI, but the forwarders also have clients in Asia, Central and South America, India, Japan etc.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Address

@femmefan1946wrote:

With paypal a determined buyer can fall back to SNAD or unauthorized activity so there is a large caveat that there. That being said the majority of freight forwarders are easy to deal with and no more problematic than any other customer. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply