Shipping From Canada Post

momocute19
Community Member

Hi Ebayers,

Im from BC,I would like to ask is there any other option(cheap shipping) aside from Canada Post?I do have a small business partner with them, but still so high shipping special through U.S, usually charging me $18-$20 even just a small parcel.Any suggestion would be helpful.Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

For packages over about 2kg, use Netparcel through your paypal acct to buy low cost UPS labels.  So far, I'm seeing prices that are around 60% of what canadapost charges.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It's sickening, isn't it? $18 is the cheapest rate we can get with them to send a one inch cube to/from major cities like Vancouver and Toronto.

They desperately need a small packet rate in Canada, especially if they want to curb the oversize letter mail usage. I'd pay $8 between urban centres to get a tracking number for my one inch cube, for example - but since I can't, I'll roll the dice and spend $1.94 without one. Seems to me, they're missing an opportunity- especially for regular customers.

For the US it isn't so bad, especially if you choose Small Packet Air.

ChitChats Express is the way to go for US sales to stay competitive with US sellers. I ship most of my small items tracked, for an average of $6.50. If you don't live near one, your profit margin may suffer.

This is the best I've done within Canada for my small items:

1). ChitChats Express nationally for most major cities $12-13 ish.

2). Xpresspost small padded envelope $14-ish (for BC, AB, SK, MB).

3). Anything larger, and/or going to a remote location in YT, NU, ON, QC or the Maratimes, you need to use a flat rate box. The small ones are $19.41 with GST.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've priced NetParcel and wasn't seeing anything cheaper, but I guess that's because I rarely ship anything over 2kg... and if I do, it's usually best to use a CP flat rate box.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply