Shipping To The USA from Canada, Can I use Oversize Letter Mail?

I have a lot of products I want to sell internationally. 

Technically, they fit as an oversize Letter Mail to the USA, but it is not paper.

Has anyone used this service before to ship goods to the USA? What was your experience like? Have you ever received a notice? Have you experienced any delays?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

What are they?

You will have to make that decision for yourself as we both know it is against Canada Post regulations. If you get caught, it will be returned to you for not enough postage or will be confiscated by customs if opened..

There was a directive sent to the post offices recently watching for this exactly as CP is loosing a lot of money for this stupid regulation.

If it is paper products, you might get away with it but if any type of object, especially metal, you could have serious problems with customs and confiscation as well.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You will probably also down the road get nailed for duplicate listings.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Are you in actual possession of all of these or are you drop shipping?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

What do you mean by duplicate listings? I've never listed the same product at the same time on the same website...

I am in possession of the product, it is a PopSocket Phone stand, it's not metal, but it isn't paper neither. It's plastic. Do you have any experience shipping non-paper products this way?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Lettermail implies just that.  A letter/printed document.  If you are sending anything other than printed material it has to be sent as light packet or small packet.  You can roll the dice and put the postage on yourself and drop it in the mail box however most likely it will get returned to you. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

All right, thanks. I'll figure out another way to do it.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@techplusstuff wrote:

What do you mean by duplicate listings? I've never listed the same product at the same time on the same website...

I am in possession of the product, it is a PopSocket Phone stand, it's not metal, but it isn't paper neither. It's plastic. Do you have any experience shipping non-paper products this way?

I asked what you were selling.

I was looking at the spinners you were selling in May.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You've had the experience of having international letter with goods in it returned to you?

Based on what other posters have said, that hasn't been the norm in the past. Of course that doesn't mean that is true in all situations or that it will continue to be the same.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Where are you located?  Look up ChitChatsExpress - you'll never ship anything to the US or internationally through Canadapost again.  There are other companies that offer the same service.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply