Shipping Within Canada At The Speed Of Uncooked Escargot

(I am posting this at 1:48 P.M. June 2.  Package apparently arrived at 3:40 pm. today. Buyer emailed to let me know it had just arrived.  A nice long rest in Mississauga though.)

Jun 2, 2020 3:40 PM Delivered QUEBEC, QC

12:17 PM Item out for delivery QUEBEC, QC

8:13 AM Item processed QUEBEC, QC

May 13, 2020 11:00 PM Electronic information submitted by shipper

4:31 PM In transitTracking 1027335231835201

4:19 PM Departed from Chit Chats facility PICKERING, ON

May 12, 2020 7:07 PM Arrived at Chit Chats facility PICKERING, ON

1:56 PM Arrived at Chit Chats facility MARKHAM, ON

1:56 PM Received by Chit Chats

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@snoopwiz 

20 days from Markham to Quebec City, Quebec. Sadly these are situations that sellers have NO control over but are still being held accountable for INR refunds. To me, doesn't see right. Maybe it's just me.

-Lotz

PS. Having to add a phantom processing time shouldn't really be the fix.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

May12-13 with ChitChat in Toronto area.

May 13 CC passes to Canada Post

June 2 delivered in Quebec City.

Fourteen business days or twenty calendar days.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I had an Ontario package mailed a week ago Friday (after the official cutoff time for the outlet, but Canada Post was late picking up).  Was really, really surprised when it was delivered the following Sunday.

Zero business days.

-..-

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It's crazy, isn't it?  I have Amazon Prime so, while they were busy delivering PPE for the Federal Govt., it was taking 10 days or so to get a parcel, but that wasn't a problem.  I don't need anything that urgently. 

But now they're back to normal and the last two orders I placed, I got the next day.  The only reason I mention this is because, for people who are accustomed to this service, 5 or 7 business days through eBay is an eternity to them ... let alone two weeks.   Thus, the many refund requests.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I ordered a few things from a national clothing store on April 28. It wasn't mailed out until May 26th and sat in Mississauga until June 7.  It's supposed to be delivered on June 12 so it will be about a month and a half from ordering to delivery (Ontario to Alberta).  In this case though it is the merchant who was the slowest. Can you imagine if ebay sellers took a month to mail out an order??

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I had a parcel delivered by Canada Post in Calgary, on Sunday!!!!!
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Wow! I bet those that are working are putting in a lot of hours!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yes, that's what I thought. It was our regular post lady so she must be making lots of overtime.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have a really nice postman.  He never fails to have a nice friendly greeting and a smile on his face.  He always checks to see if I have any packages to take back with him.  But the last 3 or 4 weeks, he is looking very, very stressed and weary.  I try not to even engage him in any conversation because he's so busy.  He did say that it was worse than any Christmas period he's ever worked.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply