Shipping question

I sold something and they paid fine but the address ebay says to ship to isn't the same as PayPal. When I asked the buyer they said its right. Can this screw me over if i ship to that address?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Shipping question

Only ship to the address shown in your PayPal.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Shipping question

Paypal.

First because they handle the money.

Second because it is possible for good honest reasons to have multiple addresses in Paypal - including snowbirds and gifts.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Shipping question

You ship to the payment address which should always be the same on both eBay and Paypal.    The eBay address before payment may be different than the one after they pay but when they pay, whichever address they indicate to use will be the only address shown on both sites.   

Are you saying that you are seeing a different address on both sites AFTER payment?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Shipping question

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Paypal.

First because they handle the money.

Second because it is possible for good honest reasons to have multiple addresses in Paypal - including snowbirds and gifts.

The multiple addresses are usually on eBay since that’s where they choose which address to use.  It isn’t possible to add a non Canadian address to a Canadian Paypal account.  
The shipping address Is always the payment address which should be the same on both sites once payment has been made.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Shipping question

FWIW

I'm approaching 7000 sales on eBay in going on 20 years.  I've only ever shipped to the address that shows up in the eBay sales record.  I've never had a problem.

Ian

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Shipping question

Never encountering a problem doesn't mean you won't ever face one, and not even that you are right. You will get in trouble if the seller doesn't get an item you shipped elsewhere than the Paypal address.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Shipping question

@fh991586 wrote:
Never encountering a problem doesn't mean you won't ever face one, and not even that you are right. You will get in trouble if the seller doesn't get an item you shipped elsewhere than the Paypal address.

As long as you use the ebay address AFTER the buyer has paid, it will be exactly the same as the one that you see in Paypal.  The seller actually has no way of telling what a person's actual Paypal address is because whichever address they indicate that they want to use on ebay when they pay, that is what will show to the seller in Paypal. It may be their original address, it may be their friends address in another city or another country.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply