Shippo label barcode blurry?

I haven't used Shippo in a while and noticed that they use a new interface now. The problem I have is... now they have merged the shipping label and the packing label into the same pdf. That's fine with me, I just have to not print the packing label page when I print. Now my problem is that... the label is printed nice and crisp, words are perfectly clear, EXCEPT the barcode part! I highly doubt that the barcode will be able to scan properly, and it's driving me nuts.

I tried using screencap method and print the label as a screencap instead... the barcode on the screencapped version looked better BUT the words became blurry (which is expected of a screencap)... *sigh* What do I do? 

Edit: After I made this post I noticed on Shippo there is a button that reverts back to old interface. I switched back to the old interface where the shipping label is separate, and that file printed ok with barcode perfectly clear and crisp. Dammit Shippo, it ain't broken, don't break it! 

tyler@ebay can you please pass this onto the ebay team that deals with Shippo? Tell them to change the system back to the old way and NOT merge the shipping label PDF together with the packing slip PDF? I thin it's the merging that messed it up because the shipping label file, when merged, turns into a portscape file (new) instead of a landscape file (old). 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Here's a picture of both. Just killed a tree having to print 6 times to get it right lol
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Interesting.

I use the "new" interface, I don't see that problem with recent labels I have on file.

But I never do packing slips, just the shipping label.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for letting me know @zee-chan, and especially thank you for the image, that's a really stark difference!

I'll get it passed on to my folks, but I'd also encourage you to let Shippo support (ticket process here I think) know directly too so they hear it from both ends. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Thanks tyler.

I didn't file a ticket but I did use the feedback on new interface part to let them know.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Dennis: I never use packing slip either, so it's actually an annoying extra step to have to change printing setting to only print the shipping label now that they merged both. And I wasted paper printing the packing slip by accident too -_-

And the PDF from new interface looked fine, but it became a blurry barcode when I had it physically printed. That's why initially I tried screencapping the PDF and printed the screencap, but that didn't work either. While the screencapped barcode printed clearly, the words itself became blurred (still readable but I didn't want to risk Canada Post not accepting it) when it got printed as an image instead.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I had this exact problem a couple of years ago.

On the monitor the bar code was clear; printed was worse than yours.

I tried scaling it up and down a few %. That didn't work.

I think I was able to alt-Print/screen, then paste it into a word doc. Then printed that.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I haven't used shippo in a long while after an incident where I was blamed flat out, for the label failing to print properly. I had sent the label to my laser printer but the barcode was a solid mass of black. Even after adjusting settings I got nowhere and had to resort to saving the label as a PDF opening it in GIMP (image editor software) and printing it as a jpeg. I resorted to doing my shipping back to paypal onsite shipping but I guess I will have to go back to shippo when this managed payment thing comes into effect?

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@zee-chan @maximal10 

When I was opted in several months ago and a label would not print in contacting Shippo they suggested just switching back to the old interface. I did that with no problems.

New order experience.JPG

-Lotz

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I didn't care for the new interface so I switched as well and it automatically goes back to the old one now.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Yes that's what I ended up doing. It's fine for now since the old interface option is still available, but it'd become a problem when they stop the old interface.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @zee-chan - following up with you on this. Our shipping team has been working with Shippo to get to the bottom of this and Shippo says they're having a hard time recreating it. They requested a label number they can review. 

Do you happen to have a copy of the photo you posted without the edit to remove the label number? Feel free to send me a private message!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Is it the small packet air number? I have PM'ed it to you 🙂
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

That's the one @zee-chan - thanks for the PM!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Are you saving the pdf and opening it with adobe acrobat to print it?

If the answer is no and it is being printed with your browser's pdf viewer then there is where the problem lies. A browser's pdf viewer is a basic thing that cannot be counted on for accuracy when printing.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

I tried both.
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

After I made this post I noticed on Shippo there is a button that reverts back to old interface. I switched back to the old interface where the shipping label is separate, and that file printed ok with barcode perfectly clear and crisp. Dammit Shippo, it ain't broken, don't break it! 

Geez, I feel stupid.  I stopped using Shippo a few weeks ago, because I was having too many problems and attributed it to my old computer.  I didn't even notice the old interface option.  Now everything is fine!

Thanks.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply