Snap Ship

Today I was unable to get Paypal to print a shipping label - after shutting down & trying 2 browsers, I gave up.

I went to Canada Post website - they have (new to me) Snap Ship with a promo extra discount when you use it, until July.

An expedited parcel to the US which was going to be $23.55 on Paypal - cost me $21.91 on CP Snap Ship.

Plus - bonus - it worked on my iMac just fine which the CP EST often doesn't.  So, quite glad Paypal didn't work today.

If this is old news to everyone (I'm often the last to know stuff) I'm sorry - thought I would let people know about this rare CP savings.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Snap Ship

qottie
Community Member

All,

PayPal released a fix to the shipping labels flow was earlier this afternoon, and we think that the service should be back to normal.

Specifically, when eBay sellers choose "Print Shipping Label" on My eBay, and enter the label printing flow on PayPal:

• sellers should no longer be asked to register or connect their Canada Post account before printing a label
  • "eBay-negotiated" Canada Post rates and services (including Light Packet for US / International destinations) should be showing up again as options for label printing

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you are still having issues with printing labels.  We will continue to work with PayPal to resolve any outstanding issues that arise.  Thanks for your patience as we worked with PayPal to resolve the issues.

View solution in original post

Message 54 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Snap Ship

Wish I tried that.

I had to ship a parcel today (not eBay) and Canada Post would not give me Expedited rates.

I guess I was holding my mouth funny or sumpin.

Message 2 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

No funny faces allowed at CP.Woman Very Happy

You had to sign in at CP, click on shipping, click on small square that says Snap Ship.  Who knew!!!

Message 3 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

I'm glad to hear someone else has had the problem with Paypal (well, not glad for you, but glad I'm not alone).  I brought this up at this week's Board Hour, and one of the new reps actually gave an explanation which makes sense (although he said he hadn't heard anything about this from any other seller -- so now there are at least 2 of us).  The answer likely is, as he described it, that Paypal is about to disentangle itself from eBay's shipping services.  We'll have a new service soon, called "Shippo" (oh boy, who came up with that one?). 

What may be happening is that Paypal's programmers are monkeying around in the background in preparing for the changeover and it's somehow affecting the interface between eBay and Paypal.  When I phoned Paypal today when I was unable to print my Tracked Packet label, they blamed eBay.  The eBay rep today was adamant that the problem is at the Paypal end, and this does make more sense. 

So we may encounter issues with Paypal labels until "Shippo" is available.  The eBay rep says that Shippo is more "robust and reliable".  Let's hope so! 

Message 4 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

Yes, thank you for the heads-up about Snap Ship.  I may need to use it in the meantime until Shippo is available, otherwise I'll be forfeiting all my discounts on Paypal labels for tracked services. 

Message 5 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

But a disadvantage of disassociating paypal with shipping is that you can't use your paypal funds to pay for shipping? Or does this new service accept paypal as a payment option for shipping?

Message 6 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

From the CP website.  

Ship easily for less!

Save an additional 15% until July 31 when you ship with Canada Post Snap Ship TM. This new tool makes shipping simple.

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

Credit card is the only way you can pay for this postage.

However, substantial savings for me today and a good alternative to Paypal till the end of July.

Message 8 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

Snap Ship

Hi shipping_to,

Just a quick reply to let you know that you will definitely be able to use PayPal to pay for your shipping labels on Shippo. We will be rolling out the new service over the next month or two, so keep your eyes peeled as we will contact you to let you know when you can start using Shippo!
Message 10 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

qottie
Community Member
Hi lucitabby,

Sorry you are having issues with PayPal label printing. I am not sure what is happening, but there are a couple of sellers who have indicated this issue. Are you able to tell me what steps you took to print the label, and what errors you received?

Also, if you could let me know:

a) if it was only with expedited parcel
b) if you were shipping to the US / International
c) if all the buyer details were shown on the label (including phone number), I can dig in a little further.

PayPal should be providing the same level of service as always, so if I can help to push them to fix the issues on their site, I am happy to do so.
Message 11 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

Hi rose-dee.

Just to clarify, there are a couple of discrete things happening at once here. PayPal is looking to step out of the label processing business (at least with eBay) and focus more on their payments business. They are still under contract with eBay for a couple more months, and hence should be providing the same level of service as always.

If there is an issue with Tracked Packet not appearing as an option on PayPal, it is possible that either Canada Post or Pitney Bowes changed something. If others are having this issue, please let me know and I will try to get that resolved. I have sent PayPal an email in the interim to see if there are any known issues, but open to more feedback if anyone has more context.

We will be replacing PayPal with Shippo in a couple of months, but that should have no impact on how PayPal works or the options provided under PayPal in the interim.
Message 12 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

The parcel I was trying to get postage for was an expedited parcel to the US. 

All the buyer's details were shown, including the phone number.

Everything was fine until I hit "print" - the error stated - we are unable to print label at this time - try again.

I tried on both Safari and Firefox browsers with the same results.

I tried from the ebay "print shipping label" and direct from payment on Paypal with the same results.

Thank you.

Hi lucitabby,

Sorry you are having issues with PayPal label printing. I am not sure what is happening, but there are a couple of sellers who have indicated this issue. Are you able to tell me what steps you took to print the label, and what errors you received?

Also, if you could let me know:

a) if it was only with expedited parcel
b) if you were shipping to the US / International
c) if all the buyer details were shown on the label (including phone number), I can dig in a little further.

PayPal should be providing the same level of service as always, so if I can help to push them to fix the issues on their site, I am happy to do so.

Message 13 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

@rose-dee wrote:

Yes, thank you for the heads-up about Snap Ship.  I may need to use it in the meantime until Shippo is available, otherwise I'll be forfeiting all my discounts on Paypal labels for tracked services. 

rose-dee, you need to read the thread that you started on May 14th, the first time that you had problems with the ebay link to paypal shipping. As has been discussed a few times on these boards and again on your thread, the shipping discount has never been discontinued if you ship from paypal directly so you could have signed into paypal and then printed your label. I'm sure that a lot of people still don't realize that so I thought that I would repeat the info here again. 

Message 14 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

hlmacdon
Community Member

Thanks for the heads up on this, never noticed this implementation.

A couple of quick things I noticed relevant to international shippers.

1) It looks like they haven't implemented two fields for the street address portion (if you create an account you can use EST instead to overcome this), this may be an issue for those longer international addresses that need to be broken out in two lines.

2) It doesn't look like they have implemented light packet. From memory this wasn't available with EST in the past either. When I've had to use that in the past it was via paypal, but it looks like other users are having problems after the recent changes made.

Message 15 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

I just noticed that too about light packet. That's interesting.

It does seem to be a fairly easy tool to use.

Message 16 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

Again today - the same problem.  This time it is for a Tracked parcel to the US - all the buyers info came up but when I went to print, the same error.

screen shot 2017-05-19 at 10.08.15 AM

On Paypal it was going to cost 15.90 - I went to Canada Post and on Snap Ship it was 14.89

Message 17 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

Well, my screen shot didn't work.  Never mind.  Paypal just said error and "try again" Woman Sad

Message 18 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

Thanks lucitabby. I have reached out to PayPal to see if we can try to resolve the issue. Hopefully we will have more clarity shortly. I appreciate your patience.
Message 19 of 73
latest reply

Snap Ship

If you haven't already asked, could you also please ask why light packet USA and international are no longer  options on Paypal.

Message 20 of 73
latest reply