Templates and Listings?

What goes on with eBay? 

1. When preparing my listing, I seem to find the various parameters changed from one list to another.
  2. My saved templates have disappeared.
  3. When I've moved between templates, the new template often changes when I get back to it.
  4. My instructions for buying ignore my "Buy it Now" wish.
  5. Etc,
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Templates and Listings?

Re 1. Frankly I'm not sure if I'm on the Canadian site or the US site at any point in time. What should I be looking for?.... finding the .ca in the URL? And anyway, why should it matter?

Re 4. See above. If there is a difference in URL, why should it matter?

To answer my original question in light of your reply, I am guessing that I lost the BuyItNow in moving between sites. The lesson learned, double check the listing before you post it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Templates and Listings?

1. Are you listing all your items on dotCA or are some on dotCOM ?

4. Do you mean your template keeps dropping the BuyItNow option?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Templates and Listings?

Re 1. Frankly I'm not sure if I'm on the Canadian site or the US site at any point in time. What should I be looking for?.... finding the .ca in the URL? And anyway, why should it matter?

Re 4. See above. If there is a difference in URL, why should it matter?

To answer my original question in light of your reply, I am guessing that I lost the BuyItNow in moving between sites. The lesson learned, double check the listing before you post it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Templates and Listings?

EBay Canada is ebay.ca in the URL bar up top there.

Among other minor differences, if you are listing on dotCA, you have the full range of Canada Post services and can use Calculated Shipping.

You also are listing in Canadian dollars.

If you are listing on dotCOM, you must use Flat Rate Shipping from an International Location, which can be a Big Problem if your items will travel by parcel services.

Parcel service rates change not only with weight and dimensions, but also with destination.

You will also be listing in US dollars.

Personally, I prefer to use dotCOM and US dollars for anything I can ship by LetterPost/LightPacket as Flat Rate.

These items are less than 500 grams and less than 2cm thick.

I use dotCA if the item must move as a parcel or if I want to track the item.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Templates and Listings?

Yes, I like the  tracked packet too.

Do these listings appear on eBay.ca too? I assume they do.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply