Thailand.

zank60
Community Member

I never shipped a parcel to Thailand before but now I have a bid from a buyer from Thailand, Thailand is a safe country to ship?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Thailand.

I have shipped several times to Bangkok, Thailand without any problems, and have received parcels from Thailand sent by friends and family, also without problems.  However, several southern provinces are experiencing violent incidents due to criminal and political activity and mail delivery may be uncertain in these areas.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thailand.

What is the value of the item and do you intend to send it with tracking? Xpresspost is really the only tracked option you can use as the others are untracked and Surface with tracking is too slow. A small parcel 22 x 17 x 9 cm and 123 g for example is $80 in postage. Does your buyer know that? What postage estimate is given to them right now? Your listing says you'll ship to Thailand via a service that doesn't exist for that cost unless you really are shipping via USPS when the item is located within Canada? Do you have a mail-forwarding service picked to do this? 

Shipping and handling
To
Service
Delivery*
US $25.00
Thailand
USPS Priority Mail InternationalTM

Estimated Delivery within 8-12 business days
Seller ships within 2 days after receiving cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab.
* Estimated delivery dates- opens in a new window or tab include seller's handling time, origin postal code, destination postal code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment- opens in a new window or tab. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods.

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 10.16.49 AM.png

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thailand.

Also, you can't say or do this: "For exact shipping please contact me, please wait for the invoice before making payment."

The buyer pays what you have established in the listing, according to ebay rules.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thailand.

@zank60 wrote:

... Thailand is a safe country to ship?

What Canada Post has to say about Thailand (restrictions, paperwork, etc):

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGIntDestDetails-e.asp?table=tblCountry&txtLetter=TH

-..-

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thailand.

amcdc79
Community Member

Thailand is off my list of countries I ship to, due to their playing card restriction. After seeing the cost to ship there, I'm glad I don't.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply