This "tool" should be pulled!!!!....

....until whoever was contracted to do this in their basement has all the bugs worked out and maybe put some more thought into it. Secondly, why wasn't this conversion functionality included in Turbo Lister?....TL has all the basic functionality to do this in bulk with very little additional coding.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I played around with it this weekend and have three major complaints so far:

1) It's slow. Promises to address this have been made. 

2) I have about 2500 listings on .ca in USD, but the tool only finds 1442. Maybe that will straighten out as I convert listings. 

3) My biggest complaint is after activating drafts on .com having to go back to .ca and find duplicate listings to end. I can't believe there's not some way of doing this in bulk. I really don't think this tool is ready to go live.

I've chosen to send all my listings on .ca over to .com. But, I also tried converting a few listings to CAD and the above still applies. I have 5100+ listings spread between the two sites. This was done to take advantage of the 2500 free listings on each site I had with my anchor store. Now that I have 10,000 listings (which I'm paying dearly for) I can put all my listings on one site. Since there's no migration tool to move listings from .com to .ca, I have to chose .com. 

If anyone can offer some ideas to make this process less painful, you'll be my best friend for the rest of my life:) 

I will of course tune into the webinar tomorrow, but I don't think it's going to be a lot of help. 

Al

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

My tool shows 12,335 listings!  But I have approx. 4500 active listings and only 65 UNSOLD

Will you take few of mine instead of yours?   Smiley Wink

My first page of 200 listings contains 199 listings with ENDED status and I do not know how to get rid of them.

Anybody can provide some guidance? 

Hope tomorrow's class will be helpful with this major confusion.

@photosalp wrote:

I played around with it this weekend and have three major complaints so far:

1) It's slow. Promises to address this have been made. 

2) I have about 2500 listings on .ca in USD, but the tool only finds 1442. Maybe that will straighten out as I convert listings. 

3) My biggest complaint is after activating drafts on .com having to go back to .ca and find duplicate listings to end. I can't believe there's not some way of doing this in bulk. I really don't think this tool is ready to go live.

I've chosen to send all my listings on .ca over to .com. But, I also tried converting a few listings to CAD and the above still applies. I have 5100+ listings spread between the two sites. This was done to take advantage of the 2500 free listings on each site I had with my anchor store. Now that I have 10,000 listings (which I'm paying dearly for) I can put all my listings on one site. Since there's no migration tool to move listings from .com to .ca, I have to chose .com. 

If anyone can offer some ideas to make this process less painful, you'll be my best friend for the rest of my life:) 

I will of course tune into the webinar tomorrow, but I don't think it's going to be a lot of help. 

Al

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'll take them only after you convert them:)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply