Top Rated Seller Discount With Managed Payments - Where is it???

I know this has been answered before, but I really need some personal help figuring out my fees for managed payments.

I have been part of managed payments for a month now, and it's very frustrating to not get anything useful on the monthly statement.  While I can see the breakdown of my fees in the seller hub, I cannot clearly see anymore how I am saving 10% on my final value fees with my Top Rated Seller discount. I tried to figure it out, but I am doing something wrong.

Can someone hand-hold me through this?  I've gone through dozens of my sales, one by one, trying to figure out if it's built-into the individual fee and I now feel like shooting my PC.  What am I doing wrong? It used to be so easy to see.

Here are some examples of Canadian sales amounts, fees and final payouts (Health & Beauty Category):

Sale: 14.99   Fee: 2.07   Payout: 12.92

Sale: 41.98   Fee: 12.22  Payout: 36.76

Sale:  8.99    Fee:   1.37  Payout:   7.62

Sale: 24.99  Fee:  3.24  Payout: 21.75

Sale: 61.98   Fee:  7.65   Payout: 54.43

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I'm not in MP. Remember though, the TRS discount has always been calculated as a percentage of total eligible fvf accrued during the monthly billing cycle. The result of that calculation has then been issued as a credit once per month at the end of each month.

This has been a long winded way of saying the credit has never been calculated on individual transactions, I don't see why MP should change the methodology, I'd watch for a credit to appear in MP once per month.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thanks... I was confused by this because I didn't see anything for MP on my recent invoice. I'll look out for it at the end of this month.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:

I know this has been answered before, but I really need some personal help figuring out my fees for managed payments.

I have been part of managed payments for a month now, and it's very frustrating to not get anything useful on the monthly statement.  While I can see the breakdown of my fees in the seller hub, I cannot clearly see anymore how I am saving 10% on my final value fees with my Top Rated Seller discount. I tried to figure it out, but I am doing something wrong.

Can someone hand-hold me through this?  I've gone through dozens of my sales, one by one, trying to figure out if it's built-into the individual fee and I now feel like shooting my PC.  What am I doing wrong? It used to be so easy to see.

Here are some examples of Canadian sales amounts, fees and final payouts (Health & Beauty Category):

Sale: 14.99   Fee: 2.07   Payout: 12.92

Sale: 41.98   Fee: 12.22  Payout: 36.76

Sale:  8.99    Fee:   1.37  Payout:   7.62

Sale: 24.99  Fee:  3.24  Payout: 21.75

Sale: 61.98   Fee:  7.65   Payout: 54.43

Thanks for the help!

With the new system it is not displayed a separate line item. The major difference now is you see it per each applicable transaction.  With US sellers, from my understanding it did show up as a line item in the past  but not that way on the Canadian side. (On the old Invoice Page, there was a notation that any line with an * the discount had been applied. I was never able to find any with that asterisk.)

When it is applicable it will display as follows. 10% off the grand total.

TSR Discount.JPG

Since the last invoice was generated there seems to be no longer access to the old Invoice page. Account balance shows as Unavailable and locked. I did receive an invoice email for owed fees(Pre MP + Store Fees for March) from Feb 16 to Mar 15 but there is no way to look at older invoices. Not sure if this is permanent or temporary.  When I was able to access the old Account Charges page it did give you access to a list of current charges like for promoted listings, free listings credits and regular credits for items not paid and then cancelled.

Sellers on dot com did receive an email that invoices were going to be obsoleted. There was nothing on dot ca in this regards. More of that "we shall see" thing!!

-Lotz

PS. If anyone enrolled in MP is seeing anything different please advise.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@teenytrinkets 

US Example below. So guessing consistency is NOT an option.

TSR Discount USA.JPG

TSR Discount USA.JPG

-Lotz

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for the info. I suppose the demise of the monthly invoice might have influenced how the credit is presented in MP. Seems we should all expect the unexpected haha.

I've added another "preparing for MP task" to my list. Download all monthly invoices prior to activation!
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera 

I would be surprised if they totally obsoleted old invoices. You would think there would be legalities involved with doing something that drastic. With eBay I've learned to expect the unexpected. Doesn't mean I like it!!!!

-Lotz

PS. Are you hinting that maybe you didn't save eBay Invoice emails???

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@kawartha-ephemera 

I would be surprised if they totally obsoleted old invoices. You would think there would be legalities involved with doing something that drastic. With eBay I've learned to expect the unexpected. Doesn't mean I like it!!!!

-Lotz

PS. Are you hinting that maybe you didn't save eBay Invoice emails???

@teenytrinkets 

A complete list of invoices can be found using the the Report Tab-Invoices from the Payments main tab in Sellers Hub. (Mar 2019/Ap 2019). Payments-Financial Statements give you MP Invoices.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@teenytrinkets 

The trs discount is deducted from your fees right away.

Your first example: 

Sale: 14.99 Fee: 2.07 Payout: 12.92

fvf for health & beauty for non store sellers is 12.35%

14.99 x12.35%=1.8513

1.8513 x 10% = .1851 trs discount

1.8513 -.1851 = 1.6662 (fvf after discount)

1.6662 + .30 transaction fee = 1.9662 (fvf with transaction fee)

1.9662 x 5% gst =.0983

1.9662 + .0983 = 2.0645 (Total fvf owing including gst)

You show that you paid 2.07 so it's likely just a difference in the number of decimals they are using when figuring it out.

Your second example - Sale: 41.98 Fee: 12.22 Payout: 36.76

Are those numbers correct? 12.35% of 41.98 is 5.18 so  the 12.22 fee doesn't make sense.  Are you getting your figures from the payments/payouts section in sellers hub?

The 3rd example that you gave:

Sale: 8.99 Fee: 1.37 Payout: 7.62

8.99 x 12.35% = 1.110265 less 10%discount = .9992385+ .30 transaction fee = 1.2992385 x 5% gst = Total fees 1.3642 

I'm still a penny off but it's darn close

I tried checking another one but it was way off so it I'm not sure exactly why.  Note that if the buyer is in the US the fvf would be 12.75% instead of 12.35 and that if there were taxes paid those are included in the Sale total when you are figuring things out.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

For sellers using Managed Payments....

Go to Seller Hub... then Payments.  and then Reports.

Invoices have been moved to Reports...

Invoices   have a record for ech month

total Fees plus GST/HST  and then .....Fees include store subscription..... fees and GST/HST separated under Tax summary. I live in Manitoba so this number is GST collected by eBay

The total saved for TRS is also indicated on the invoice....  a number only....

This is the information needed for a tax report.... fees... store cost... GST/HST  (and a record of TRS as a number only)...Tax information is placed on a spreadsheet. for each month and then a total for a year 

I also get a print copy  of...... View Order Details ... for each transction.... from my ...Orders page on Seller Hub

This information is placed on a spreadsheet  and becomes a record of all transactions by....

... item title ... buyer's name..when purchased ...when shipped ... item price....,shipping cost ... 

then my GST/HST record by province or  groups of provinces   GST = 5%.  HST = 13 %  and finally provinces with HST = 15 %....  I need all ot this information because I am registered to collect GST/HST on all sales.

A record  of all of this information on spreadsheets  becomes my tax information and is available on December 31 of each year

eBay has been moving things to the Payments section on Seller Hub.....  Go to Payments   and see where everything is located.

There have been many times where I have looked to see what has been changed.... in this Payments section under Seller Hub

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Re: PS. Are you hinting that maybe you didn't save eBay Invoice emails???

Many years ago, I set my ebay communication preferences to Do Not Send. All I get from them via email are do or die announcements.

I rely on Seller Hub, PayPal notifications and PayPal transaction downloads. The transaction downloads are saved to an Excel spreadsheet. Up until now the monthly invoice is the only item I download and save from eBay directly. That's about to change.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Do a search at the many locations under Payments and see where all of the information you might want to see is located.....

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I had initially thought that payouts.... done weekly...  would serve as a source of information relating to item sold plus  postage after a fees were deducted. 

Payouts did not conform to an exact  monthly occurence

It was easier to have a record of sales plus postage for each transaction and then have a total for each month...  and then  a total for each year

The monthly invoice has been my source for the many fees and taxes  charged  by eBay....

These are the sources of information that relate specfically to selling on eBay...

There are many other costs of selling that I will record and include in my annual tax calculation.

The main aim for all information is to keep the recording of the information simple and ready to be used on December 31 of each year.....

All of the information is collected on a monthly basis  and then added to have an annual, twelve month total. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:
I'm not in MP. Remember though, the TRS discount has always been calculated as a percentage of total eligible fvf accrued during the monthly billing cycle. The result of that calculation has then been issued as a credit once per month at the end of each month.

This has been a long winded way of saying the credit has never been calculated on individual transactions, I don't see why MP should change the methodology, I'd watch for a credit to appear in MP once per month.

You may not see why but that is exactly how it is done. The TRS discount is calculated and the amount show on each individual sale.

recped_1-1616286048404.png

Note that unlike in the past where the TRS discount applied ONLY to the item value the discount now applies to the Item & Shipping.

I sell quite a bit of stuff where the shipping is as much or more than the Item, effectively this had doubled my TRS discount on those sales.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for the breakdown! I wasn't factoring in GST, and I was trying to include the 30 cents in my discount. My second example was a typo. The fee was $5.22, which is correct.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

When I was first started on MP I also tried to confirm the fees were what I thought they should be. It was pretty confusing at first but once I figured out one the rest were all the same.

In the meantime eBay has made some minor changes to the display so that it is somewhat easier to audit. The GST/HST does add an extra variable to add to the confusion.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 16 of 16
latest reply