Top rated sellers changed coming

33nhl
Community Member

just got email today from ebay.ca and and hold and be hold as if its not bad enough already paying or over fleeced on ebay fees that now the discount of 20% on fees will go to 10% and will be given only on certain listings. with that wording CERTAIN LISTINGS I wonder which listings or maybe non at all.

The email I got and maybe most of you have received starts off with following

In the 2017 Spring Seller Update, we’re making changes to meet the demands of today’s marketplace and increase our investment in resources to ensure your success.

Maybe though it should of started off saying instead

In the 2017 Spring Seller Update, we’re making changes to meet the PROFITS EXPECTATIONS of today’s marketplace and increase our CASH FLOW and Bonuses to our CEOs and SHAREHOLDERS in order to ensure our success now and for the future.

I can only say I came back to the online after being away for 7 years and this will make it much easier for me to leave ebay.ca with these over high service fees.

Ebay should be looking at if they want us sellers to pay high fees or high store monthly fees then ebay should be bringing in buyers that will pay a decent $$ for items, as all I have been seeing as of late is ebay turning to a half price dot com

Ask your self how many times have you listed items paid for the listings and only to get offers of half or less of your listings prices

and then ebay expects sellers to pay 10 percent selling fees.

Ebay has just been filling its pockets and will continue to do so unless we as sellers demand proper changes or don't list items for 1-2 months.  If we don't list we don't sell and ebay doesn't make money.

This is something to consider as im already have been listing less on ebay and set facebook page and kijiji page and they are free and easy to set up.

Heck you can even advertise with in your pictures  just put your location on the pictures and put them also as copy right

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I just read the email as well, and feel pretty much as you do. I have recently closed my eBay store, and seriously decreased my listings. I can see stopping entirely, or certainly limiting the listings to a few items (very few) that sell with some regularity at a half decent price. I too have found that many buyers now have more of a flea-market mentality, and offers are consistently below wholesale cost, not to mention the additional fees & shipping costs. 

I see more and more higher dollar listings (speaking in my category only) are basically adverts to send buyers to the seller's website or store to purchase, for significantly lower prices. I have also noticed that many of these same sellers are not accepting returns on eBay, but do accept them on their own site, where obviously they retain control of the return process, unlike selling here.

With the ongoing assault on sellers (especially smaller sellers), I really don't consider eBay a decent place to sell any longer, and it seems to be worsening with each passing month. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ebay could care less if we list or not. Their intention is to get rid of the smaller sellers by nickel and diming them to death, no sales to speak of, scam buyers they support, absurd return policies, and on and on.

They want big stores selling new items and the Chinese sellers. Wait until they let the sellers from India in under the same conditions as the Chinese.

All of our days are numbered due to constantly increasing costs and diminishing sales.

Not true for all sellers, but certainly I lot from what I have been reading

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@33nhl wrote:

... now the discount of 20% on fees will go to 10% and will be given only on certain listings. with that wording CERTAIN LISTINGS I wonder which listings or maybe non at all.

Why do you wonder? It's in the details -- the TRS discount is only for listings posted on ebay.CA and ebay.COM -- listings posted on the other ebay sites (UK, FR, DE, IT, ES, JP etc) are not eligible.

@33nhl wrote:
...Ebay has just been filling its pockets and will continue to do so unless we as sellers demand proper changes or don't list items for 1-2 months.  If we don't list we don't sell and ebay doesn't make money.

This is something to consider as im already have been listing less on ebay and set facebook page and kijiji page and they are free and easy to set up.

A boycott of eBay is not going to happen over the TRS discount drop. The majority of ebay sellers are not TRS to start with, so 10% less of nothing is still nothing.     Side note: kijiji is a profitable arm of eBay.

-..-

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Who started here after while go to The river.As far im concerned here will be real disastrous very soon.Fee on shipping and everything ,higher fees and less traffic. Supporting Chinese sellers most of them scammers.I had reported 2 while they where in action nothing.So disappointed with their double standard

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

Who started here after while go to The river.

As far im concerned here will be real disastrous very soon.

Fee on shipping and everything ,higher fees and less traffic.

Supporting Chinese sellers most of them scammers.

I had reported 2 while they where in action nothing.

So disappointed with their double standard

It's really unclear whether you are talking about the bay or the river.

Except for the first sentence all of the rest could refer to either location.

The water is just as black on the other side of the boat.

-..-

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I have also noticed that many of these same sellers are not accepting returns on eBay,

Then those seller do not know that the word 'return' is not a synonym for 'refund'.

You can refuse the accept returns of unwanted items, that's your choice, but if you take Paypal you make refunds.

basically adverts to send buyers to the seller's website or store to purchase, for significantly lower prices.

Which is not allowed on eBay, although once there has been a transaction, the seller is free to consider the buyer his own customer and direct him to his own site.

Sounds like there a large number of sketchey sellers in your category.

Oh yeah. I just looked. Horse tack. Yep.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I sell and buy online as a hobby when I try to sell and list only when free listings such as the 50 I get per month cause I know that listing 500 items at what ever price where it be auction format or fixed price format not all will sell the first time around so listing in 1 month 500 and paying to list them that's a min $150.00 in fees to start.

So no wonder the big sellers that I know and deal with and buy from them as such Hockey Case Breaks don't list on ebay cause ther profits would be eaten up by the high fees.

Better example  lot of sellers have set up facebook pages or on a site called breakers tv 

They sell a hockey case break by buying any of the 30 NHL teams from $20 to $400.00 per team so a case total break and pending what year the product is from the total sales could be around $2000.00 or more just from 1 case break so if they were to list/offer/sell on ebay from that $2000.00 total sale  $200.00 would be eaten up by ebay fees instead of going into the sellers pocket. this is why some sellers that do these types of case breaks don't sell on ebay cause a lot of them sell  well over $10000.00 per week in hockey cards case breaks.

So if ther a will thers a way

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@33nhl wrote:

I sell and buy online as a hobby when I try to sell and list only when free listings such as the 50 I get per month cause I know that listing 500 items at what ever price where it be auction format or fixed price format not all will sell the first time around so listing in 1 month 500 and paying to list them that's a min $150.00 in fees to start.

Listing 500 per month would be $24.95 not $150

Basic store using 250 BIN free and 250 auctions free on ebay.ca

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Message 9 of 9
latest reply