Top tips for selling your items on eBay

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the annoying message too often from eBay:

"Improve your listings to help your items sell

Hi.......

We noticed that some of your listings are missing important details, and we've got a few suggestions for you.  Our research shows that you listings might see more activity - and your items might sell faster - if you follow our recommendations.

Quality for the Top Rate Plus seal:

Let buyers know that you consistently delivery outstanding customer service with Top Rate Plus seal on your listings.  To receive the seal, and other Top Rated Seller benefits, update your listings according to the guidelines in the bulk editing tool.

Use the bulk editing tool on eBay to update: 1,844 listings

Take a few minutes now to update your listings according to our recommendations.  We think you're going to like the results."

What is eBay's so called recommendations??!!   eBay at least should tell us what is the recommendations than to expect us to read their minds!!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The "Improve your listings" emails from ebay are usually pretty silly. My favorite tip is "add more photos" Often get this on sealed media like dvds and cds. Pretty much no point in taking a photo of more than the front and back. Another favorite is when they suggest lowering already rock bottom prices even lower. Great business sense they have to sell at a loss. As long as they make a few quick pennies I guess who cares if sellers go broke, LOL.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I got an email the other day from eBay stating that if I ship to the USA my business would increase. Problem is, I always have. Sigh!!! 

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just got an email.

Everything listed in the email is already a standard procedure with me....

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It's similar to the message we now get to enjoy when something does sell. Partial item title ...has sold. Ship it after you get paid. All I need to know is what sold. Similar to the new listing messages...Partial, usually garbled item title followed by an annoying message stating that you have other items require relisting. I rely on those to make sure I don't accidentally double list something. I shouldn't need to open to confirm the specifics. And, YES, that does happen. Ebay, does not always prevent that from happening.

-Lotz

Image result for too many sticky notes

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The messaging should really just be dumbed down to meet the algorithm sorting criteria or get delisted as far down as we can possibly put you. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

another tip for sellers....

some days the ebay selling highway looks like thissome days the ebay selling highway looks like this

Message 7 of 7
latest reply