Tracked Packet USA -- eBay's special rate

eBay and Canada Post have partnered to offer Canadian sellers a special promotion for Tracked Packet USA service. To access these rates, purchase and print your Canada Post shipping through eBay Labels. These promotional rates are available until December 31, 2023.

These base rates apply to any location in the continental United States:

• Up to 100g : $6.35 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 250g : $7.08 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 500g : $8.67 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 1Kg : $14.09 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 2Kg : $16.98 + fuel surcharge

Here are the SfSB level 1 prices for comparison. You'll see the biggest benefit for packets over 500g.

• Up to 100g : $8.53 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 250g : $10.46 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 500g : $14.43 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 1Kg : $21.26 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 2Kg : $27.25 + fuel surcharge
Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Thanks for the information.  I noticed when I purchased a label today it was around $8.25 whereas normally it would be about $11.50.  

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

Fuel surcharge for the week of September 25 is 16% for Small Packet USA.

Since ebay.ca currently only displays the counter price for buyers to see, it will take some fudging to make use of these improved rates to attract buyers.

Plan #1 for me is to add an estimated fuel surcharge to the base and use a flat rate shipping cost. And then remembering at the end of December to revamp the listings. As an example (adding 20% to cover the fuel):

• Up to 100g : $7.65
  • Up to 250g : $8.49
  • Up to 500g : $10.39
  • Up to 1.0Kg : $16.89
  • Up to 2.0Kg : $19.99 (instead of 20.38, looks nicer to buyers that way)
Message 3 of 54
latest reply

These are pretty much Chit Chats rates for packages below 100 or 250 grams. I assume that is intentional. 

For sellers who mostly do lettermail for Canadian orders, and otherwise used Chit Chats for US orders, it will be nice to be able to drop everything together into a Canada Post box. 

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:
  • Up to 2.0Kg : $19.99 (instead of 20.38, looks nicer to buyers that way)

As that would be to ship to a US destination, likely for a US buyer, the buyer won't see $20.38 or $19.99. Those are your rates in CAD $. A US buyer will see the price in USD $, so a lower number than either of those. 

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

Is there a way to automatically show buyers the reduced rates instead of the counter rates when using calculated shipping? Or do you have to change everything to flat rates? Thanks!

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

@smellslikecanada wrote:

Is there a way to automatically show buyers the reduced rates instead of the counter rates when using calculated shipping? Or do you have to change everything to flat rates? Thanks!

Not right now. It's apparently being worked on.

For flat rate, if you use shipping policies you'd only have to change the value in the policy every week when the new fuel surcharges came out and it would update all your listings using that policy. It's not ideal, but at least it'll work until the programmers add in all their missing semicolons.

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

Unbelievable! They are now even CHEAPER than ChitChats!!!!

Image46.jpg

Message 8 of 54
latest reply

Well, that's a good news, except ...... it doesn't work! (tried with different browsers).

Image2.jpg

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

@montrealmaps wrote:

Well, that's a good news, except ...... it doesn't work! (tried with different browsers).

It seems I have the same problem. Got this message after trying yesterday to print a shipping label to South Korea. Finally, I managed to print the label with Snap Ship (paid 5 dollars more). 

Message 10 of 54
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

@montrealmaps wrote:

It seems I have the same problem. Got this message after trying yesterday to print a shipping label to South Korea. Finally, I managed to print the label with Snap Ship (paid 5 dollars more). 

@38e_avenue 

devon@ebay 

Unfortunately that is a major concern for anyone that has to print a label outside of eBay Labels when the system says EVERYTHING is working properly according to the eBay Status pages. No way to recover any discrepancy.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1695827620854.png

Really bad when there is a  partial workaround like using bulk labels, but that can only be discovered by scouring the boards vs from the label error message. Sellers are under a timeline as per eBay to process labels as items sell.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 54
latest reply

@montrealmaps wrote:

A good news for you! I just contacted the support - they confirm the glitch is on THEIR side, and they work on it.  😄

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

Same problem and they keep saying that they are working on it. Since Monday.. so it's the third day I'm having this problem! Does anybody have any tips?

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

It's a great promotion, to be sure. Would be even greater if you could actually purchase and print the labels.

Maybe eBay will have the good grace to extend the 'limited' time the offer is available.

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

@beststaff wrote:

Same problem and they keep saying that they are working on it. Since Monday.. so it's the third day I'm having this problem! Does anybody have any tips?

Tried everything. The only working tip is "ChitChats" ... 

Message 15 of 54
latest reply

Me too. 3:20pm Wed. Labels are down.

Message 16 of 54
latest reply

I printed one today with almost no problems (knock on wood).

At first I thought there was a problem because the purchase label button wasn't blue it was greyed out but I realized when I scrolled down the page I hadn't clicked the confirmation that customs was correct (I don't rememer that check box being there before??) as soon as I clicked agreement it let me print it no problem. Was a $6 savings so definitely worth it.

Message 17 of 54
latest reply

I just printed 2 now 7:22pm est

Message 18 of 54
latest reply

Still not working for me at 4:50 pm Pacific (central BC) 

Cleared my browser cache but it didn't help.

Message 19 of 54
latest reply

Try going into bulk labels. That has worked for some.

Message 20 of 54
latest reply