Tracked Packet shipping to Poland?

Have a potential buyer from Poland asking about combined shipping cost from Canada.  Wondering if anyone has any info about shipping there and does paypal have the option to print Tracked Packet labels to Poland yet?  Any helpful info about experiences shipping there would be most appreciated.  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

hlmacdon
Community Member

@forester_studios wrote:

Have a potential buyer from Poland asking about combined shipping cost from Canada.  Wondering if anyone has any info about shipping there and does paypal have the option to print Tracked Packet labels to Poland yet?  Any helpful info about experiences shipping there would be most appreciated.  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Poland shows on the list which you can find here so I should imagine it would be printable via paypal.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

While I don't *think* that Poland was among the original list of Tracked Packet destinations, I'm fairly certain that it is not one of the newest batches of destinations added. It's the last two or even three batches that are still missing from the paypal shipping slate.

Regrettably, I've yet to have a buyer from Poland; I only recently opted to ship there. It certainly would be nice to somehow know ahead of time if paypal shipping was going to fail or not. There's always the good, old fashioned postal counter or even CPC website direct. 

Anyone else? Shipping to Poland via Tracked Packet and able to print the label via paypal? I know Austria and Italy and Portugal (for example) are all still a bust as far as Paypal Shipping is concerned. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

(And let's ask Raphael about it again tomorrow at Board Hour.)

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

@forester_studios wrote:

Poland shows on the list which you can find here so I should imagine it would be printable via paypal.

Some of the newer countries added to Canada Post Tracked Packet service this year are not programmed in PayPal yet. I believe Poland is one of them. raphael was meeting with Pitney Bowes to have this and other issues fixed. It was in the the recent weekly sessions.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I wanted to give you a better answer than I had done previously. 

Paypal Shipping does not support Tracked Packet to Poland at present.

Here is how I know: I logged into my paypal account and did 'ship another' on a transaction that had already shipped without actually purchasing another label. I changed the buyer's address from Canada to Poland and Tracked Packet did NOT appear on the drop-down list of service options. 

As a control, I changed the recipient country to Spain (one of the original or early destinations) and it showed Tracked Packet as a service option as it should.

I could go back and try all 31 countries to see which are present as service options on paypal shipping and which are missing but that is work and I am weary. Perhaps another day. 

Remember please, sellers, if you are going to try this at home, DO NOT proceed with purchasing that label or your original buyer will be very confused to see you have changed their address to overseas and are re-shipping their order there. Bad idea. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thanks so much for taking time to provide the info.  Much appreciated.  I will ship Small packet air, if the person buys anything and take a chance that the mail system in Poland is reliable.  Thanks again and to all the other folks who provided input as well.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Ack! I'm not certain that Small Packets Airmail to Poland is the wisest of choices. I'm operating on heresy and third-hand information, but I am left with the impression that Poland might have a Customs problem. As in delays or mysterious vanishings. Maybe wait until another couple of sellers offer their advice before committing to an untraced service for your buyer.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I've only shipped a few things over the years to Poland but I've never had a problem.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I had one Poland shipment last year. It was just slow (I got a late defect from it, took 4 weeks) but it did arrive.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

No

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I wanted to give you a better answer than I had done previously. 

Paypal Shipping does not support Tracked Packet to Poland at present.

That's true. I already shipped Tracked Packet to Poland 2 months ago, but I needed to go to the post office. I ship usually Small/Light Packets there, and never had any problem. All items arrived on time.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I'm operating on heresy and third-hand information,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXHY2OXGE

hee hee hee

The COMFY CHAIR FOR YOU!!!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply