US buyers being charged for 2 postage rates (USA & International)

My US buyers end up having to pay for both the US postage & Worldwide postage.  I am in Canada. Under Shipping Details i have Domestic shipping set at $1.50 for Canada. I also use International shipping for the USA @ $1.75 and Worldwide @ $2.75.  When buyers pay without an invoice in the US they are charged for both the US rate & the Worldwide rate. How can i correct this? I will really appreciate some answers. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Unless something has changed recently they aren't being charged both, they would be charged automatically for the first one set up for in your listings which would be the US rate.

The US is also part of 'worldwide' so eBay doesn't know that you are not including them in the international shipping price,  It has been like that forever and shouldn't be an issue. Even when if they are given the choice of either option I can't see them paying more for the more expensive service when both services are lettermail.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

On the Sell Your Item Form, use Custom Destination.

Set it for United States.

Enter your Flat Rate.

Then choose it again and set it for the countries you particularly want to ship to (Europe, Australia, Japan, for example).

Enter your Flat Rate.

Do NOT choose North and South America. For some reason, this gives the International Rate to US customers.

Then go to This Seller Ships To

Choose Worldwide.

Now everyone else will have to contact you for shipping cost.

You can also at this point add the countries you do NOT ship to.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Given your product line, and that you use Flat Rate shipping in any case, have you considered moving some or all of your stamps to dotCOM?

In my opinion, the only reasons for listing on dotCA are the ability to use Calculated Shipping for bulky lots and for items of primary interest to Canadians , like the postage lots I sell under another name.

You might also want to consider using Free Shipping

Dont panic.jpg

Free Shipping just means including your shipping and packaging costs in the asking price for your items.

Many of your customers are using Scott rather than Unitrade in any case, and while all the world understands the US dollar, the Americans understand nothing else.

BTW, if you list on both sites, you get 50 free listings on each site!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

As 'pj' mentioned, I don't think they are being charged both shipping costs. However, they probably have the option to choose one or the other. It's very rare that a US buyer will choose the second - highest - option. Most buyers will always choose the lowest cost.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yeah. An extra buck for possibly one day faster delivery.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Which is exactly what you were told in June too.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply