Unable to purchase Fedex label on ebay CANADA. Customs info is STILL WRONG for all ebay labels

I just tried to buy an ebay shipping label. It won't go through wiht purchase, I get the something is wrong try again later. Support is stumped and said it seems to be temporary, or go and try buying another label that is not Fedex. I do not want to do that as the shipping copst paid is based on deeply dioscount fedex rates! This has happened before, so I do not have much faith in that. In that case it was because multiple items would not work any way I tried so I had to create a customs form with one line item for multiple to get it to work. This time it is a single item! There is nothing wrong with the form data entered and customs is correct value etc. I even put in an HS code... and set the country of origin correctly despite what the form throws up!

STILL AFTER YEARS ALL EBAY SHIPPING LABELS SET COUNTRY OF ORIGIN TO CANADA/your province!!

I have had troruble with shipments being held in customs which may be because of this. You cannot fix the ETD comm invoice on the labels that ebay creates with Fedex like you can write on Canada Post labels as it is all electronic and not printed on the label. So every declaration is effectively a false declaration. I think likely this is why fedex customs agnet has held a couple asking for country of origin, purpose of use of item at destination etc. eBay is not creating correct commercial EDT documents I suspect. WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED????

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Unable to purchase Fedex label on ebay CANADA. Customs info is STILL WRONG for all ebay labels

Personally I wouldn't touch Fedex with all the horror stories we hear on here regarding them.  That aside, and someone else can probably answer more accurately than I can, I wonder if you might be running into some sort of carrier restriction on shipment value or something like that.

Have you tried using the bulk label creator and see if it does the same there?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No, same problem with bulk labels. I am sure something is broken with ebay shipping for Fedex labels. I am not going to try to ship by Canada Post as it wont be covered for full value, and I am not willing to find out by buying a label I don't want. I will try again tomorrow, then give up and ship UPS via Net Parcel. Will cost a bit more but I am stuck. Other than what appears to be problems with ebay shipping labels not creating labels with proper EDT assignation of manufacturer's country of origin (and who knows what else), the fedex labels have worked for me and are a good, fast option at low cost, particularly to the US. Pity this is also messed up for Canadian sellers!

I really cannot fathom why they have still not fixed the problem with all shipping labels which overide country of origin and set it to Canada. Many have commented since ebay started offering them, and nothing has happened.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

FedEx should be avoided at all costs.

They all too often will, days or weeks after your customer has accepted the shipment, bill them more, much more. And if the customer rightly refuses to pay, they will come after you.

The company is a rapacious mess.

You do know that for the rest of the month, Canada Post Tracked Packet USA is at ~50% off regular counter rates when purchased on eBay?

as it wont be covered for full value

You can buy third party insurance - Insurepost which is part of Shipsurance has been mentioned here with approval. (We carry Hugh Wood International, but they only do annual contracts, not one-offs)

Passing thought

Are you near a chitchat express or Stallion Express office?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@historysci wrote:

No, same problem with bulk labels. I am sure something is broken with ebay shipping for Fedex labels. I am not going to try to ship by Canada Post as it wont be covered for full value, and I am not willing to find out by buying a label I don't want. I will try again tomorrow, then give up and ship UPS via Net Parcel. Will cost a bit more but I am stuck. Other than what appears to be problems with ebay shipping labels not creating labels with proper EDT assignation of manufacturer's country of origin (and who knows what else), the fedex labels have worked for me and are a good, fast option at low cost, particularly to the US. Pity this is also messed up for Canadian sellers!

I really cannot fathom why they have still not fixed the problem with all shipping labels which overide country of origin and set it to Canada. Many have commented since ebay started offering them, and nothing has happened.

@historysci 

Have you tried checking different formats for HS codes. I've seen all kinds of formats. From ######, ####-## and ####.##. Very likely even if you are using the incorrect format you won't see a corresponding error message saying it is HS format. I do know not checking the box will block completion of a label. Easy to miss if you rush.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I just gave up and bought a UPS label from NetParcel, worked fine, no hassle and wasting time trying to see if the problem is temporary (as the error message suggests to try again later), wasing time with support who knwo as much as I do. Had to enter HS code, which was no problem. eBay shipping labels are simply broken, or half-working at best.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply