Unpaid item - Ebay telling me can't open for 4 days

I thought that at the beginning of may you could open an unpaid item case in 2 days. I tried to open one today and it told me I have to wait 4 days. What gives with this?

Are the rules different on .com and .ca?

It was listed on .ca

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Did you try to open the dispute on eBay.com?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hi Pierre

I just did it from the listing on the right side and chose report a problem and it came up with have to wait for 4 days.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

"from the listing on the right side"

Have you tried to open the dispute on eBay.com by going to eBay.com

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/ 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I tried the Canadian resolution center and same 4 day issue, I tried the US resolution center and says invalid item number. It was listed on .ca, not .com

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

"It was listed on .ca, not .com"

That should not matter as far as listing number is concerned (unless they changed their system again!).

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Site matters for invoicing so maybe for disputes as well. Hence why posting this. I never know what Ebay does from day to day except notice problems continually or changes to policies, or exceptions and on and on.

Thanks for the feedback, maybe some one else has had the same problems, or call Ebay and waste an hour or 2.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is the same here, I tried both .com and .ca and both said cannot open for 4 days.   It is eBay that saying we can open after 2 days but the system is telling us, no, wait after 4 days.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I wonder if you set it automated if it will do it after 2.

But would be a great way to PO buyers and get negs and low DSR's. Can't afford them with so few buyers even leaving feedback these days.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

From the spring update info:

File unpaid item cases 2 days sooner (items listed on eBay.com only)

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

We should all learn to read more. Thank you.

I guess us Canucks are still on the back burner as far as Ebay is concerned.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I am a new seller and out of 20 items, 3 non paying bidders.  Where do I find a list of Trading assistants for Canada, as this is becoming a headache for me.  Too much to list and I got a neg feedback now, when I sent out the payment rem, they were highly insulted.  They paid, but with the amount of cuzing and ment of the $shipping costs, I could tell I was going to get a neg, so I refunded and got a neg anyways!

I do seniors downsizing and want to find someone who wants to sell for me!  anyone know of anyone in Vancouver area or the Sunshine coast more specifically!  Many thanks.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

"I got a neg feedback now, when I sent out the payment rem, they were highly insulted.  They paid,"

Obviously, eBay is not for you.

You broke the rules when you left your buyer this retaliatory feedback:

"NON PAYING BIDDER LEAVES NEG FB FOR A TRANSACTION NEVER PAID FOR USES PROFANITY:"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/inappropriate-feedback-comments.html 

We don't allow Feedback comments that contain:

- Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating

In addition, your post indicates the buyer did pay while the feedback reads "never paid" !

A quick look at the buyer shows he has thousands of positive feedback and generally leaves positive feedback for sellers.  It appears your actions or comments resulted in the negative feedback you received.

Trading Assistants do not work for free.  Frankly I cannot see anyone willing to sell you low priced items.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

"...ment of the $shipping costs,"

???

You charged US$ 42.52 (Cdn$ 44.00) for a very small parcel going "Expedited Parcel" to the USA (value of the item $11.50)!

No wonder the buyer was unhappy about your shipping charge. What was your actual shipping cost? (How much did you pay Canada Post? or PayPal if using PayPal postage?)

Message 14 of 14
latest reply