Use sports card sales worldwide other than Canada

jozabl_32
Community Member
Are there any taxes being collected from sales outside of Canada or are they just paying their import fees from the declaration? Used sports cards that tax has been paid on are getting taxed over and over and over again doesn't seem fair or right so many fees hear that by the time I collect my money there's so many bites taken out of it I end up selling it a loss. painful.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Use sports card sales worldwide other than Canada

There is no exclusion for sales taxes on used goods. The tax is on the sale not the item.

If you buy from overseas, you pay duty and sales taxes on any import over $20.

However, CBSA has the good sense to ignore low value/small packages because they realize it would cost the taxpayer more to assess and collect a few pennies than their wages for the work.

If you buy from the USA, under the newest version of NAFTA, you pay duty on imports valued over $150Cdn and sales taxes over $40Cdn.

If you are selling you pay Goods and SERVICES Tax on eBay's fees.

Providing a venue and processing payments is a SERVICE.

And some things are not meant for mail order-- which is what eBay or any online selling is.

Anvils are too heavy.  Feathers can be too bulky for dimensionally rated shipping costs.

And some things are too cheap to sell profitably.

It's my opinion that nothing priced under $9.99 is worth selling here. Recently I have upped that to $9.99US.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply