Weird happening with my PayPal account

Just had something weird happen. Got an email from PayPal saying I had received a payment for sale of an item. No notification of sale from eBay. When I checked my account was not showing under my sold items. Looked at the item & is still showing listed for sale.

checked my PayPal account & it shows I received a payment at 10:22 this morning & a reversal at 10:27. No email from a PayPal about the reversal. Very confusing. Has anyone else had something like this happen? Would have thought PayPal should have sent an email about the reversal anyway with some type of explanation. Can't quite figure out what has happened. Thought maybe someone on the Board might know.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I've read on the US boards about that happening a couple of times.  I'm not sure why it happened though. You might want to phone PP about it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks PJ. You are right. I should phone them. They should not be saying I have got a payment then reverse it & not even advise you. Something wrong with that picture.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Heck

They cancelled my credit card with no notice. Said it was to catch a fraudster.

Why would they tell you about a tiny payment.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I had the same thing happen last week. Buyer bought and paid for the item and then it was cancelled. I called both E-Bay & PP about it and both said they did not cancel the sale but were checking in to it. I contacted the Buyer and he did not cancel the  item either. It happened the same night to another Seller and it was the same person both times. I contacted the Buyer again and he paid for the item and competed the sale. There are too many unexplained glitches  happening that never get fixed

Message 5 of 5
latest reply