What happened to the .CA TO .COM TOOL

Did the tool for switching from .CA to .COM disappear? Anyone know where it is?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I found this with in an old eBay announcement.

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/08/02/7859/

Tool here

http://ebay.promotionexpert.com/migrationtool/

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I was trying to change my .ca listing to .com using the migration tool only to be told that the migration tool is no longer available. I gave  it a chance to stay on Ebay.ca but  my other ebay accounts on .com  do much better for me than this account on.ca . Im sure there will be still others who will want to move, or will want to move back. 

It will take a lot of work now to migrate, Ebay could have waited a little longer before getting rid of the migration tool.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi, in the link I provided there is a migration tool and the ebay announcements page says it will be available until March 31 2017 but it only appears to work for USD listings on ebay.ca ~ you can convert them to CDN funds and keep them on .ca or you can migrate them to ebay.com ~ your listings are already in CDN dollars I think? So perhaps the tool will not work in that case and you will have to manually end your listings on ebay.ca and do new listings in USD on ebay.com

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/15/7928/

usd.PNG

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

everytime I go on the migration tool it only shows 14 of old listings. I am trying to get the 24 listings I have up right now. Anyone know if I am doing something wrong or this is all I am going to get out of this tool

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@mdf_jersey wrote:

everytime I go on the migration tool it only shows 14 of old listings. I am trying to get the 24 listings I have up right now. Anyone know if I am doing something wrong or this is all I am going to get out of this tool

What do you mean by "24 listings I have up right now." -- Active listings on .ca? or something else...

The tool details say USD listings -- so if active on eBay.ca the listing will not be in US$

-..-

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

ypdc_dennis wrote:

mdf_jersey wrote:

What do you mean by "24 listings I have up right now." -- Active listings on .ca? or something else...

The tool details say USD listings -- so if active on eBay.ca the listing will not be in US$

I think 'jersey' is trying to migrate the current CAD listings that are up, migrate them over to dotCOM where they can be in USD.  Only I don't think that is possible now to just 'migrate them', I think any CAD listings now have to be done manually one at a time to convert them to USD on dotCOM.  

24 isn't that many (I only see 23) and wouldn't take that long to do, a few at a time.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply