Why no exposure for listing

I created listings revised Exclusion list checked all and any setting that would block a country .. Entered in Actual shipping cost to all the countries and still no exposure...

I decided to pay the .20 cents on the next listing to get exposure on uk which I know better but it was a test and still nothing showed up ...

It has been over an hr and the listings show on .com and .ca

Anyone having exposure issues these days ..

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Despite being in a category where I own a third of all the listings (Canadian Football League CFL cards), I'm finding my placement very subpar.

Generally, I get some listings near the top if they're being watched or viewed a lot.

BUT, where I used to be able to list or re-list and see those cards filter onto the first page, they are now nowhere to be seen.

Some people seem to be getting 20 to a page.

When evaluating such things, I do so on eBay.com

This morning there are 13,322 CFL cards listed and 4,630 are mine.

I appear to have none on the first page, none on the second page, none on the third page and three on the fourth page. So... three of the first 200 cards in this category.

All of this is a little frustrating. But having said all that, I am in the middle of a record breaking month, so all is not bad. I just imagine it could be a lot better if eBay would get out of my way.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I should add that there is nothing out of the ordinary with my record that would have resulted in a search engine drop.

100 per cent feedback with 4.98, 4.98, 4.98 and 4.96 on the dashboard. No open cases. No policy violations.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

brande --Sometimes it can take a few hours for listings to be searchable on eBay after they're put up.  EBay says "up to 24 hours", but I usually find the gap is maybe 1 or 2 hours.

This may be especially true if you're listing a lot of items in a short time period.  It also seems to vary with time of the day, day of the week, or perhaps it has more to do with how many listings in total are being posted to eBay at any given point. 

At any rate, give it 3 or 4 hours and check again -- you might find things look quite different.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ya one showed up on uk but not australia/germany/iceland,ireland etc etc  ... Here is a wierd thing thuogh or maybe just me it's been years sense I shipped anywhere other then US or UK off and on...

I type in product name and it is NOWHERE ... Drop item number in search engine and bam there it is ... So now all I have to do is MArket the ebay item number to all those countries so they can find the listing LMAO.....

Will give it a bit and see what happens

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The "exposure .20" only dealt with the uk, nothing to do with the other countries.  They won't show up in the core result with default settings (eg "on ebay australia".   They might show up in the international section on some sites  depending on how many domestic listings, and then how many international ones.  They can find them if they change to worldwide

that said I've always got sales overseas and they are on the upswing lately. Different mix then it used to be, especially russia

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@brandeentertainment wrote:

I type in product name and it is NOWHERE ... Drop item number in search engine and bam there it is ... So now all I have to do is MArket the ebay item number to all those countries so they can find the listing LMAO.....

You've discovered the difference between what I believe is some sort of temporary storage facility on eBay's computers so that sellers can access their own items immediately, and the actual searchable, posted-up item listing on eBay. 

You may notice that, even after you've listed a bunch of items, they will show up in your "Active" list but not in your store as listings.  This is the same thing. 

Now I think 'pococomputing' would probably know more about the details of this process, but basically I believe it works like this: when you load a listing onto eBay, it goes into some sort of temporary memory that is accessible by the person (seller) who listed it, but not immediately viewable and searchable across the site.

Remember that in fact the eBay site has to be "updated" every time a new listing is added, and it takes time for that stream to reach (computer people say "populate") across the internet world-wide.  A lot of what determines how much time it takes is probably how crowded the site (and the World Wide Web) are at the time, and also how complex the new material is.

I see this all the time when I make changes to my own website -- I think I've updated some text or photos, then when I go to look at the site an hour or two later, it appears nothing has changed.  A day later and -- voilà! - it's all magically appeared just as I wanted.

Give it some time -- as much as 24 hours in some cases.  Cheers!

P.S. -- "So now all I have to do is MArket the ebay item number to all those countries so they can find the listing" -- No, no need, check again tomorrow afternoon, I think you'll find your product name search will work.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply