Writing under item condition

This may sound like a silly question but on some listings I see some writing in quotations under the item condition to describe its condition more. How do I do that? I cant figure it out. Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

tobyshitzu
Community Member

In some categories a condition field opens up when you select condition as anything except new.  you are only allowed to comment on condition there.  Whem codntion is set as new that field doens't appear

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I was thinking that too but for me it doesnt appear when I select any condition.

I have mine set on "Very good" and I looked at other people with the same type of item who also have very good and it looks like it they do have some writing there

Like these:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nintendo-Gamecube-True-Crime-Streets-of-LA-Manual-only/282354983021?hash=item...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TRUE-CRIME-STREETS-OF-L-A-COMPLETE-IN-CASE-NEAR-MINT-CONDITION-GAME-CUBE/1729...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Underneath where you put the condition, should be a box that says condition description, that is where you can elaborate.

Please check a few of my listings, I don't believe it is there for New items.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Where does Ebay hang it's hat when it comes to disputes relating to item condition. If there is a dispute does Ebay base it's decision on the condition description box.?.  As I understand if it is listed as used and it's electronics it has to be 100% functional. What is the best option if selling a item that may not be 100% functional but still usable and "Not working or For parts only" is not a option in the dropdown. Leave it blank, or select used and describe any deficiencies?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I think there is a specific category for selling stuff "not working/for parts". But I don't know where since I never sold anything in that category.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes there is , but it seems to be sporadic and the option does not apply to all ebay categories, not sure why, would certainly make things clearer to buyers and sellers.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If the option is not there, your best bet is to include the information in the title. Especially now that ebay is not showing the description on the first page of every item. Buyers who use their phone, may not see all of the info you put in the listing.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Why they don't allow "For Parts or Non Working" in all the categories is beyond me, as I stated before, would sure make it clearer to buyers.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

That would be interesting in my categories -- Books.

Although there is such a Grade, usually used in antiquarian (pre-1800) books, where sections of a work may be missing but the book still be worth purchase due to scarcity.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply